Chapter 45

Freen was taken aback by the sudden demand. It was her wished to live in one roof with her woman and their child, yet there was an invisible tension hanging in between the walls they both built. She wanted to build a family, with the woman obviously. She wanted to foster a family that's tied with love and serenity, not with mere obligation. She don't wanna provide an obligatory stand for Becca for the sake of their child. She don't wanna live in the same household as Becca for the pursuit of another reason. Not for an obligation but because of the whispers of their hearts.

Becky waited for a response. Her eyes loomed hope and optimism as she waited for Freen to speak.

"I can't Rebecca. " She started. " I wanted anew with you, I wanted to build a family with you and our daughter but I know you want nothing of those that I wanted. I know you are thinking you have to do this decision for Fin but don't you think the more you let her be the reason of your decisions make her feel a little less? She will think we will live together for the name of love. She will expect more from us Becky. "

Freen paused. " I wanted to start a new life with you. I wanted to be better and make it right this time. And me moving in with you in this very vast moment make it more toxic for the both of us. We don't know what lies ahead of us, we don't know what's coming for tomorrow or the next day. I don't wanna hurt you, that's the last thing I wanted to do and I know you want the same. And if you would give me a chance, give it to me fairly. Let me work for it, don't decide when your head is over the idea of obligations. "

Becky nodded. She retreated, head hung low as the fidget with her fingers. " Trust me Becky, I wanted to be with you so badly. But let's not invade the reality and intensity of our decisions. This is not all just about the two of us now, we have a new life in between us and we have to reconsider it. We have to be cautious with our decisions."

"I know, I understand." Becky replied before beaming a soft smile. " You can go now Freen." She exclaimed. Freen nodded in response flashing a soft smile on her lips, once her figure disappear into thin air. Becky sighed before walking back towards the house.

The house is still empty, Charlotte must be still in the law firm. Refreshing her mind from the events that happened, Becky engaged into a refreshing bath seeking solace in the warmth of the water.  Once  she finished, she took an oversized hoodies paired with shorts underneath it before walking towards Fin's room.

Slowly, she pushed the door open. The little one was curled into a ball in the warmth of her bed, her hair invading her face as she sleep so soundly. She must be tired. When Becky sat beside her daughter, the bed dip with her weight, and Fin stirred on her sleep feeling the presence beside her.

"Baby." Becky whispered. " Mommy is sorry. " Becky was rubbing Fin's head softly, and somehow the little figure find solace in her touch. " Mommy is so sorry na. I didn't mean to hurt momma, I didn't mean to blow like that. I was just afraid, i'm afraid that someone took you away. I'm afraid that my little sunshine will be taken away from me. " Becky's tears slowly trickled down her cheeks down to her chin and slowly falling in Fin's blanket. " Mommy is scared that you would be taken away from me. You are my only hope baby, my only source of energy. And I don't know what to do if I lose you too."

Becky continue rubbing Fin's hear, whispering her fair share of fears as if her daughter will understand. " I know you badly wanna live with your momma, but i'm sorry baby. Mommy has to be selfish. I need to protect my heart, I need to protect you too from the hopes of it all. I need to protect the walls that I built baby. Momma shattered me, I loved her deeply baby. I loved her but I can't let her in." Just when Becky planted a soft kiss on Fin's forehead. The little one stirred and cupped her mother's cheek wiping the tears that had fallen into her.