Vol. 1 Chp. 1: A Different Student

'Italic': Notebook

Kagurazaka Norogumi

I was taking the bus to school, which shook every time it passed over a bumpy road

I was taking the bus to school, which shook every time it passed over a bumpy road. Most of the passengers were wearing a school uniform like mine.

I noticed the blonde-haired guy exuding confidence and seemed muscular. I must have noticed because he flashed a dashing smile.

"I see that someone noticed my magnificent self," he said.

I shouldn't have made eye contact with him.

I quickly looked away as he laughed softly, "I see. I've decided to call you Silent-kun.

Silent-kun?

I'll ignore what he called me.

"Don't you think you should give up your seat?"

I thought someone was talking to me, but the office lady was talking to the blonde-haired man. There was also an elderly lady beside the office lady.

"You there, can't you see the old woman having trouble?"

Yes, we can all see this because you're causing a scene in a quiet bus that is gaining everyone's attention.

"That's a crazy question, lady."

He smiled and recrossed his legs, "Why should I give this seat to an old woman? There's no reason for me to give it up."

"Isn't it natural to hand over the priority seat to the elderly?"

"I don't understand. Priority seats are just priority seats, and I have no legal obligation to move. Whether or not I move should be decided by me, who sits in this seat. Will you give up your seat because I am a young man? Hahaha, that's a stupid way of thinking."

"I am a healthy young man. Certainly, standing up would not inconvenience me. However, standing up will require more physical strength than sitting down, and I don't want to do such a useless thing. Or maybe you are telling me to be more lively and energetic?"

It looked like the blonde-haired man had complete control of the conversation. I glanced at others; some were slightly troubled, while others didn't care.

A girl was sitting across from me with an utterly expressionless look. Our eyes met momentarily before a sigh escaped my lips.

I got up and tapped the elderly lady on her shoulder. She turned to me as I gestured for her to take my seat.

"Thank you!" The office lady did a slight bow.

"Thank you, child. Aren't you kind, young man?" The elderly lady said, smiling before slowly approaching and sitting beside me.

Advanced Nurturing High School

The bus soon arrived at the destination and stopped at the school. ANHS was a government-affiliated school with a 100% employment rate. It is said that students who graduate here become elites.