Vol. 3 Chp. 2: Deserted Island Exam

'Bold': Sign language

Due to the increasingly hot weather, our classmates appeared to be on the verge of screaming. Even Hirata, who was positioned on the beach, began to realize the difficulty of the situation. If we wanted to have an authentic camping experience, we needed to build a tarp tent. We had to consider various aspects, such as swimming in the sea, playing on the beach, and protecting ourselves from the sun. The situation at present is quite challenging.

"For now, let's move to a place under shade. We must see how we can move the whole camping and talk about the rest while working," Hirata took the initiative.

"Hey, Karuizawa! Hirata is amazing! He even accepts to do all the things others don't."

"But of course! Calling the other boys for help would make him look so lame; leave everything to Hirata!"

It looks like I'm useless.

On the girls' side, Horikita had already chosen to be isolated and followed the group at the end of the line, walking slowly and silently. She walked regularly in one direction, sometimes staying still and making some gestures before immediately moving on. As I returned to the base camp, I walked alongside Horikita.

'Is everything okay?'

"Sign language?" She raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

Horikita sighed, "Honestly speaking, I am slightly depressed. These kinds of things aren't for me. Life on an island seems primitive, and worst of all, I can't be alone."

'I'm going to ask again... Are you okay?'

"What do you mean?" She glared at me.

I shook my head before I felt someone staring at my back. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Sakura walking away in the back. She noticed my gaze and became flustered, quickly looking away.

"What's the matter?" Horikita asked.

I turned back around and shrugged.

"Why did you choose this school?" Horikita started a conversation.

'My aunt suggested it.'

"Your aunt?" She raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

Shortly after, Hirata and the others stopped.

"If we stop here, there's foliage blocking the sunlight, and it doesn't seem like we'll have to worry about anyone hearing us."

Some boys gathered together as if united and began to thrive on a clash of ideas they might have thought on their way here.

"Not just Ike, we all better move too. If we can seize a main spot from another class, at that rate, the point difference will inevitably widen."

"Yeah, you're right. We must move immediately, but neglecting the current problems and leaving them scattered around is not good. First, shouldn't we begin with the solution to the toilet problem?"

"That's only a matter of whether we all support the supplied toilet," Yukimura glared at his classmates, especially the girls' group.

"I was thinking while we were on the way, but first, I think we should install a toilet," Hirata said forcefully.

"You don't get to decide. Ike also had an opinion."

"Installing a toilet might be a necessary expense. To begin with, we have one simple toilet that our class, which has thirty or more students, isn't used to. I wonder if we can take turns effectively without any trouble?"