Vol. 2 Chp. 7: Trial Of Truth And Lies

'Italic': Notebook
'AI voice': Phone

I chased after Sakura. I thought Horikita went to the dorms, but I ran into her.

"Kagurazaka-kun, can we talk?" Horikita asked.

I shook my head as I tried to get past her, but she blocked my path.

This was not the time for her to be stubborn.

I'm sorry, Horikita.

I shoved her out of the way and continued chasing after Sakura.

As I approached her, Sakura wasn't far ahead of me, startling her, "K-Kagurazaka-kun..."

'I don't think that's what you wanted to say. Come on, let's head back to your room and talk.'

Sakura didn't say anything but nodded, lowering her head.

Sakura's room

I was relaxing on her couch while she sat beside me, scrolling through her phone. I patiently waited for her to tell me what it was. She held her phone to me but avoided eye contact as her hand trembled slightly.

I took Sakura's phone to see what she wanted to show me. She was showing me blog comments.

I checked out what Sakura was doing on her phone, and she was reading blog comments.

Post # 13: No Subject

You're as cute as ever! This one's more mature, which I think makes you even prettier. Shizuku-chan, your smile keeps me going every day! Please keep it up.

Post # 12: Hello

It's been so lonely lately without your updates! I'm still cheering for you! I'm looking forward to the next update.

Post # 11: No Subject

At last, an update! The pictures are so cute! Shizuku-chan, you're a goddess.

Those are some positive comments. I didn't see anything wrong with them until I scrolled down.

Post # 29: I'll always be with you.

It's too bad we couldn't be alone before. You wanted to be with me. We'll see each other again soon. You'll come to see me all by yourself this time, right? Then it'll finally just be you and me.

Post # 25: I'll always be with you.

We're destined to be together. That's why you feel so close to me.

Post # 24: I'll always be with you.

I'm not just a fan. You love me too, right?

Post # 23: I'll always be with you.

Shizuku-chan, you saw me, right? It feels like destiny, huh?

Post # 19: I'll always be with you.

Do you believe in destiny? I think I'm breathing the same air as you, Shizuku-chan. You breathe in part of the air I live out.

I felt disgusted reading these comments. I could feel my skin crawling from how each word got creepier from the last.

The sound of her phone notified us that there were new blog comments.

I saw the words... I'll always be with you.

"K-Kagurazaka-kun...!" Sakura broke down into tears as the notifications continued.

I turned off her phone.

I wrapped my arms around her, and she buried her face into my chest, "I-I'm scared...!"