Vol. 2 Chp. 4: Confession

'Italic': Notebook

According to her mail, Ichinose seems to be planning a strategy to gain our trust. She decided to ask for permission every time she did something, but I didn't think she needed to restrict herself that much. After returning to the dorms, I thought Horikita would go her own way, but she followed me to my room.

"Sorry for intruding," she said politely, even though no one else was in my room.

I don't think she understands that I'm being serious about not being allies anymore.

'What do you want?'

"I want to hear what you think about Sudou-kun's case again. Also, I think Kushida-san's actions are a bit troubling."

'I don't have to explain anything to you. We aren't allies anymore. I'm kindly asking you to leave.'

Horikita didn't leave and stood her ground, "I'm only helping for the class right now—frankly speaking, I still think it's better to abandon him."

'That's what I'm talking about. You're attitude is pissing me off. What if I was in Sudou's position? Would you give up on me, too?'

I continued before she could say, 'You know nothing about me. Would you give up on me and see me as a lost cause?'

Horikita had a discontented expression.

'You never saw me as an ally or friend. You were trying to use me as a pawn.'

I wanted her to deny my words, but she didn't refute what I said.

'Get out.'

Horikita turned around as I didn't know what expression she was making. She left my room as I collapsed on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I feel like a terrible person...

Horikita's POV

I didn't know what to feel right after getting kicked out of his room.

I couldn't understand why it hurt when he said that we aren't allies anymore. I don't get him at all. I thought he would abandon Sudou, but he refuses to back down.

He can go against my older brother... He got old text questions for the exam...

He's a mystery. I can't predict, as he seems tactful and cunning.

My mind was a scramble.

Kagurazaka's POV

There are four dorms, three of which are for the students who are required to stay in the same dormitory they were assigned to in their first year for the entirety of their high school years. The dormitory previously housed last year's third-year students. 

The remaining dormitory is designated for the teachers and all live-in employees working at the shopping mall. Since all the first-year students were housed in the same dormitory building, it was inevitable for the students from different classes to meet each other.

I locked eyes with someone who had been a stranger until now.

"Thank you very much."

The girl who thanked the dorm manager noticed me and called out.

"Yaho, Kagurazaka-kun. Good morning. You're early."

She has long, wavy hair and wide eyes. Her chest strains the second button of her blazer. Her posture matches her personality, and what charms me is how cool she is rather than her looks. It was class 1-B's Ichinose Honami.

'I woke up earlier than I expected. What were you talking to the manager about?'

"A few people from my class wanted to request the dorm. So, I gathered all the opinions and relayed them to the manager, including water usage and noise."