Vol. 1 Chp. 7: Midterm

'Italic': Notebook

I asked Kushida to hand out the old test questions to the class. I thought she would be the best role for the job. She accepted it without hesitation.

I couldn't wait until the last second. Getting my classmates to study old midterm papers as soon as possible would be better.

After homeroom ended, Kushida acted quickly, bringing printouts of the old midterm I copied at the convenience store to the podium.

"Sorry, but can you guys listen to me before going home?"

Sudou also stopped and listened.

"I hope everyone has been studying a lot for tomorrow's test. I have something that can help with some final studying tonight. I'll hand them out now.

She handed out the questions and answer sheet to everyone in the front row.

"Test... questions? Did you make them, Kushida-san?"

Horikita was also surprised.

"These are old test problems. Kagurazaka-kun got them from a Senpai."

"Old test problems? Eh, eh? Are these actual valid questions?"

"Yeah, the midterm had nearly the same questions as the one on this problem set. So, if you practice, I think we'll do better."

"Woah! Seriously? Kushida-chan, thank you!"

Ike hugged his test in happiness. All the other students also couldn't hold back their emotions.

"Ah, thank you, too, Kagurazaka-kun!" Ike said.

"What the hell, if we have these problems, doesn't all our studying become useless?"

While laughing, Yamauchi complained. My prediction was utterly correct.

"Sudou-kun, do your best while studying today."

"Yeah, thanks."

Sudou also resolved the problems happily.

"This is a secret from all the other classes! Let's all do well and succeed!"

Ike shouted out loud with determination, but I had to agree. There's no need to send help to the other classes. Everyone returned home in high spirits.

"I never thought to use the old tests. I'm also thankful you went to see if these questions were valid," Horikita said.

~Timeskip~

"No absences; looks like everyone's here."

In the morning, Chabashira-sensei walked into the classroom with a smile.

"This is the first obstacle to being able to stay in school. Does anyone have any questions?"

"We have been studying diligently for the past few weeks. I don't think there will be any dropouts in this class, you know?"

"You have a lot of confidence, Hirata."

All the other students also looked confident. Lining the tests by tapping them against the table, she passed them out. The first period is social studies. You can call it the most straightforward test among all the subjects.

If anyone trips up here, honestly, all the other tests will be a difficult struggle.

"If no one fails on this midterm and the finals in July, everyone will get a summer vacation."

"Vacation?"

"Yeah, that's right... You'll be on a dream-like vacation on an island surrounded by the blue sea."