Vol. 1 Chp. 3: Life As A Student

'Italic': Notebook

It was the weekend, and it was early in the morning. I was walking around the campus by myself. I didn't have anything to do.

I decided to check the school's pool.

Heading inside, I heard splashing. Was someone already here? I was curious about who would be here early.

I checked out to see who was swimming and found a tan girl. She was moving at impressive speeds.

"Oh! Ah... Umm... Kagurazaka-kun?"

This better not turn into a misunderstanding that I'm some creep.

I think her name is Onodera Kayano.

I nodded.

"What brings you here?" She asked while getting out of the pool.

It gave me a chance to look at her toned body... Alright, that's enough.

'I was checking out the pool.'

"Were you perhaps trying to catch a glimpse of a girl in a school swimsuit?" Onodera teased.

I shook my head as Onodera chuckled, patting my shoulder, "I'm teasing you."

Onodera removed her hand, "Are you perhaps here to join the swimming club?"

I shook my head.

"Bummer..."

"Oh, it looks like the others are here," I glanced in my peripheral vision, and a bunch of girls came to the pool.

'Are they all part of the swimming club?'

"Some of them are part of the swimming club. The rest is part of the volleyball club. Occasionally, they come here to play water volleyball with us. Guess it's your lucky day, huh?" She lightly elbowed me.

I don't feel lucky.

I don't want to be labeled as a creep like Ike and Yamauchi.

The two clubs are staring at me. I should make my escape before it's too late.

Before I even got a chance to leave, Onodera jumped on my back.

"Oh, come on. You don't seem like a guy that ogles at other girls' bodies."

Is she blind or something? There's no way she didn't catch me checking her out.

Besides, she was making this more difficult.

"Woah! Your abs are super hard, and you feel muscular!" I was being molested.

If a guy were to do this, then it would be a different story.

"Now, I must convince you to join the swimming club!" She announced.

Please don't.

She got off me, "Ah, I need to grab the volleyball net. Care to give me a hand?" She asked.