Vol. 1 Chp. 4: Called To The Office

'Italic': Notebook

May 1st

I woke up relatively early and checked my phone. It was the day that we would receive our private points. A lot should be excited, but instead of getting 100k... We got 8,000 points.

Kagurazaka's private points: 89,410+8,000=97,410

I should get ready for the meeting.

Chabashira's office

She had a severe expression as if she were analyzing me. She must be irritated to see a student of hers after our class didn't receive any points.

'Class D is at the bottom of the barrel, right?'

Chabashira-sensei's lips twitched like she wanted to smile, but she forced herself not to.

"How long did you know?" She asked.

'Since the first day, but I wasn't sure.'

"How did you figure out that Class D was at the bottom?"

'The way my classmates were acting during class, but you were the biggest hint.'

Intrigued and amusement appeared in Chabashira-sensei's eyes, "What gave it away?"

'Your speech on the first day, you didn't reprimand the troublemaker and the hidden camera in the corner of the room.'

"It looks like someone was paying attention. Tell me, why didn't you tell your classmates."

I shrugged.

I didn't have a reason to tell them. A reality check will give them understand that this school is anything but ordinary.

"Let's talk about the practice test."

I don't feel like talking about it.

"You purposely chose the wrong answers."

I saw a slight smile on Chabashira-sensei's face for the first time. It made her more attractive.

"I don't think I need to tell you your score."

Great...

"Do you have any more questions?"

'I think you'll answer more questions when homeroom begins.'

Chabashira-sensei's chuckled at the comment.

~Timeskip~

I arrived at the classroom and noticed the tense atmosphere. I sat at my desk and glanced at Horikita, noticing the irritated expression on her face as she tried to hide it.

The morning bell for the first school day of May rang. Soon after, Chabashira-sensei walked in, holding a poster rolled into a tube. She had a grim and severe expression.

"Sensei, we only got 8,000 points; I thought we would receive 100k monthly," Ike was the first to speak.

A slight cold smirk appeared on Chabashira-sensei's face, "What was I expecting from multiple idiots? I'm surprised that you're asking that."

I could feel the tension rising inside the classroom as she showed her cold side.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, and no points were deposited. Weren't they supposed to be provided every month on the first day of the month? I was impatient because I couldn't buy the juice I wanted."

"Are you guys that stupid?" Chabashira-sensei had an ominous feeling about her.

"Stupid? What?"

Chabashira-sensei had a sharp glint in her eyes as Hondou repeated her words like a parrot.