𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙑𝙄.

"Sarah!!" "Mae úristen!" (Mae, oh my god!) We almost fell to the fucking floor in the middle of the street

"Sarah!!"

"Mae úristen!" (Mae, oh my god!)

We almost fell to the fucking floor in the middle of the street. "I missed you so much ugh." I mumbled into Sarah's shoulder as I tightly held onto her.

Me and Sarah know each other since kindergarten. Funnily enough, we became classmates as well. I was so happy when I saw her there on my first day.

We have survived all kinds of friend groups, situations, relationships and all that. She always feeds my delusions, but still is way too honest with me sometimes. She is THE best friend you want and NEED in life. Genuinely.

"I missed you too, babe." Sarah said, a smile very much heard in her voice.

I laughed as we pulled away from each other. "Should we go surprise Lucas?" asked Sarah. My eyes lit up and I quickly nodded.

Lucas was our other friend. We became friends with him around 3rd grade when his friends, our classmates, kind of distanced themselves from him.

We all have seen each other at our most depressed, happiest and also incredibly embarrassing phases.

Everyone knows everything about each other. And sadly, I mean EVERYTHING.

But that's what I also really love about us. We feel so comfortable with each other that we say anything and everything just like that. No thinking. It just slips out. We could be sitting in complete silence and one of us randomly says the most outrageous thing on living planet earth.

But it's way too funny.

˙⋆✮⋆˙

"Mae te mi a faszt csinálsz itt?" (Mae what the fuck are you doing here?)

"Surprise!"

Lucas embraced me in a tight hug. He gives the best hugs I swear. I missed him sm. "How and why are you here? What?" he asked, looking at me shocked.

I laughed with Sarah, before explaining. "I came to visit for a week!"

"Both of you come in right now! We need a whole ass day to catch up."

We laughed as Lucas grabbed our hands and dragged us inside. He was home alone so we did our usual thing which we called the After-school ritual.

It was just us going over to Lucas' and eating up the whole entirety of his kitchen while gossiping at the dinner table. Nothing else.

So, we did do the usual. Nothing changed since the last time I was here, and it felt so nostalgic to be sitting in his kitchen again. Like I know it's been only 9 months which isn't way too much, but it is for me.

But I also love being dramatic.

Lucas threw our usual snacks on the table and we all quickly grabbed what we wanted and immediately started eating. "So. Big question. The one and only question." Lucas started. "Húha, yes?"

"Are you actually in a band?"

"Yes."

"It's true?!"

My eyes widened, almost choking on the cheese balls. I looked at Sarah. "Did you not tell him?" "I did, de ez a faszom nem hitt nekem!" she yelled, staring at Lucas. (but this dick didn't believe me!)

"Ezt nem hiszem el." I laughed with Sarah. (I can't believe this.) "Jóvan na." said Lucas, looking down out of embarrassment. (Alright.)

Sarah very dramatically gasped out of nowhere. I looked at her and started laughing.

"What the fuck dude?" We all burst out into a fit of laughter that lasted like a good couple of minutes.

I missed this so much oh my god.

"The video!" she said after calming now. Oh, shit. The video.

I turned around and grabbed my bag, rummaging through it until I felt the camera in my hand. I got it out and searched for the recording from last night. "How much shit do you have on that?" Lucas asked, brows furrowed.

"The past 3 years of us and family."

"Mennyi??" (How much??)

"Huh??"

"I have this camera since 2002. We made short films inspired by Harry Potter on this and video clips to our god awful songs."

The two's jaws dropped, sharing a look. "That's THE camera?" they asked. "Yeah. Historical artifact." "Brutálne." (Brutally.)

I finally found the video and played it to both of them. This was my first time watching it. Or hearing it again since I pretty much blacked out during the performance from the stress. Barely remember anything.

I was surprised by how we did considering I wasn't even present on that stage mentally.

"You'll be big. Már most mondom." (I'm telling you right now.)

I smiled at his comment. It means so much.

"Remélem." (I hope so.)

"It was so worth forcing your mom to record this."

"Right?"

˙⋆✮⋆˙

"Wait, so... what? I'm so lost, Mae."

"Bill. It's not even that hard. 3-4 steps max."

"Leave me alone."

"My bad."

"Jesus, you sound like Tom already."

"We are not friends anymore, what the fuck."

I heard Bill laugh on the other line. A smile immediately crept onto my face too. His laugh is so so so contagious it's unbelievable.

He had called me to get an update of some sort and he also desperately needed my coffee recipe.

Bill loved my coffee.

Best compliment. Fangirling.

"Okay, so." I said, the laughter slowly coming to a stop. "Boil the water."

"I got that."

"Got the coffee in the cup?"

"Yeah."

"Pour the water into that and mix it a little."

I heard the water going into the cup slowly. I know I literally saw them today morning, but I already miss them so much. I can't stop thinking about all the hangouts, rehearsals and sleepover. I hate it.

"Now what?" Bill asked from the other side of the phone, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Get the milk and pour it till it has almost filled the cup. Or basically how much coffee you want."

"Okay, give me a second."

He put the phone down and I'm guessing he was pouring the milk. I was currently in the process of going through my stuff in my childhood room.

I had so many stuff. We weren't throwing them out. I couldn't bring myself to do that.

I just wanted to see what I left here. I didn't pack all of the sentimental things because I knew we were gonna come back. And my mom said I had enough already so. Wasn't allowed.

I heard the phone being picked up. "Are you done with the milk?"

"Woah, hold on."

"Tom?"

"Hey to you too."

"Tom, give me back the phone! I need this coffee." Bill yelled at his brother in the background. "Let me talk to our friend, Bill." Tom argued, not giving the phone back. Or planning on anytime soon. Lord have mercy.

"Tell Bill to put 3 spoons of sugar in the coffee and stir it, please."

"3 spoons? What do you need 3 spoons of sugar for, Mae?"

"Thank you! I love you, Mae!"

"Love you too, Bill." I said laughing at the boy. Hope he heard it. Actually, he should be aware of that. "And I like my coffee really sweet. I despise black coffee." I answered Tom's question.

"Oh, really?"

"Don't you even fucking dare."

"It was you, not me." he laughed.

"I'm hanging up. Goodnight."

"Wait! How is it there?"

I sighed. I got up from my floor since I was going through everything on my floor. That became a habit very early on in my life. I don't know why.

"It's really cool. I missed my friends a lot, so it was really nice seeing them today." I said, smiling at the new memories we made today. No matter how awful this town is it still feels like home.

Because it is. The moment I get here I feel at home, and I feel like I have a place here.

It's probably because it is home, and I grew up here. I also have a very big emotional attachment to this place.

"What did you guys do?" asked Tom.

"Our thing. We call it the After-school ritual."

"Dude, explain. I don't understand."

I rolled my eyes, sitting down on my bed. Why is this way comfier than my own back in Germany, what the.

"After school we used to go over to Lucas' house and eat up his whole kitchen while we talked and gossiped. We technically live there at this point." I said, laughing towards the end. We truly do. His mother loves us though, so it's all okay.

"Sounds fun."

"No need to pretend."

"Thank fuck." he breathed out.

We laughed. He's something else. The two of us talked a little more before I decided to go to bed since I was getting really tired. "Tell the others I love them and miss them too much. Goodnight, Tom."

"Will do. Goodnight, Mae."

a/nsitting on the floor and going through old stuff is actually fun

a/n
sitting on the floor and going through old stuff is actually fun. ALSO LUCAS IS HERE NOW TOO WOOOOOO