Kill Bill

"Is that why you are avoid making eye contact?" Koo teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What do you think? That.... I'm afraid of you? Do you strongly believe you're so pretty that no one can resist you? Me avoiding your eyes bothers you most???Did your ego hurt because I rejected the offer to marry you? " Tae asked, his expression unreadable as he locked eyes with Koo.

"A little... " Koo nodded before shaking his head, " Am I not pretty..!" Koo asked while meeting Tae's gaze with a hint of playfulness.

Damn this boy!!

"Not to my eyes... You don't meet my standards.... bold of you to assume that way.... I appreciate your confidence. Whatever....Tell me, why are you sticking with the murderers of your beloved husband? What are you planning behind our backs?" Tae's questions were direct, his tone firm. Koo's eyes widened at the sudden unexpected question

"Huh???!! Where is this coming from suddenly? Do you think I'm still mourning for my late husband?" Koo asked unable to believe Tae's question, it took some seconds to process, then he took a deep breath and tried to explain, but Tae interrupted, unwilling to hear any justifications from Koo..

"Don't you hate us for disrupting your fancy, rich life?" Tae's question hung in the air, his heart pounding with anticipation for Koo's response. He badly wanted Koo to refuse all the allegations..
Koo just shook his head trying to process everything.. Tae continued..

"I saw that evil smile on your face yesterday evening.... I hope you don't try anything harmful to any of us... which will end badly for you. Also remember!! This is marriage of convenience!! I hope you don't take this seriously. I kinda know what you're up to. Tell me, you don't hold any grudges and if you have any idea to hurt Jimin...." Tae pressed, his words heavy with suspicion.

" Seriously??! Jimin??! Nevermind... You're not in the mood to hear whatever I'm gonna say. Either way, you're going to call me bluff.... yet!! I'm not going to blame you. Your accusations are completely fair...

It's just... I can't prove anything now. I have doubts too. I have nothing to lose so i risked it... But again, as you said, it's just a marriage of convenience. So, we better get through these three months without any attachments. I thought we could be friends... now, I know we can't be friends..." Koo admitted, his voice tinged with resignation and his eyes sad..

"We could have been... but things are not..." Tae trailed off, unable to voice his conflicted emotions. Koo caught his hesitance..

 Koo caught his hesitance

"Are you scared, Tae....?... Your name... Taehyung ?? Right?" Koo's innocent question struck a nerve, causing Tae to bristle.

"I'm older than you... don't show this rich attitude to me. Call me Taehyung shi or hyung, or don't call me at all," Tae retorted, turning away to hide his inner turmoil.

"Hyung...? " Koo called trembling tone, his voice tinged with guilt.... He is totally unaware of Tae's internal struggle. Tae sighed heavily hearing Koo's voice, feeling like a cruel monster inside for hurting Koo, yet unable to let down his guard.