Chapter 19: Demure Serenity

You guys are the best! Loving the comments. :)

And if you like midnight driving with the windows down

And if you like going places we can't even pronounce

If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about

Then baby, you're perfect

I sang at the top of my lungs and danced around the bathroom as I brushed my hair and moisturized my face.

I tightly clutched the knot around the towel I had wrapped around my body and made my way back to the room. The strong scent of roses hit my nostrils, and I smiled as I took in the roof of pastel balloons and the blush pink tendrils. I walked up to the bed and there laid a big plain white box wrapped with a glittery ice blue ribbon. Right next to the bed, there was a tray filled with exotic fruits that wouldn't be seen at this time in Boston, a plate of pancakes, a small serving cup of maple syrup, and glass of orange juice.

My heart started to accelerate while my brain wondered to places outside of my mind. How did these things get here? Was someone else in the room beside me?

I frantically looked around the room. Another stationary card that sat in between the ribbon and box caught the corner of my eye. I hastily plucked it off and turned it around to be met with Izhar's perfect calligraphy.

I exhaled loudly and tried calming my heart down by following his handwriting.

Hm, what I wouldn't do to see you in nothing but a towel! ;) Hah, got you! Sorry if I scared you, I only was trying to be a little cunning. There's a surprise inside the box. Hopefully, you'll like it. And I'm sure it'll fit since everything I've gotten for you in the past has been perfect. Be ready in about an hour and half, and you're next clue will be waiting.

P.S. Make sure every bit of your breakfast is finished!

Yours,

Izhar

Huh. I've been mentally pounding my head since I received the first note as to what he was possibly thinking of. I missed his presence terribly and hated the fact that he was away since this morning.

I picked out a watermelon cube and plopped it into my mouth as I undid the ribbon. Ice blue, my favorite color. I slowly took the lid off the box and took a deep breath, steadying myself as to what hid inside.

The same color tissue paper blanketed the top of the big white box as the ribbon, and I carefully unveiled what lay inside. A light pale pink gown with rouge pink accents slept in the fold of the tissue paper. I gasped inaudibly and covered one of my hands with my mouth. I fingered the delicate neckline with my other hand and ravished in all the details.

I picked up the dress from it's bed and the bottom touched the floor. The neck, sleeves, bottom, and edges of the chiffon bodice were coated with the rouge pink accents. It was breathtaking. The front of the dress was slightly shorter than the back length, almost like a high-low. I turned the dress around and was shocked to see the plunging backless design. My eyes were close to bugging off of my face. The accents made an outward heart in the back, and though the neckline would possible come up to my collar bone, the back wouldn't do anything to cover my spine and shoulder blades.

I folded the dress across my left arm and turned back to the box. Underneath the tissue paper, an off-white shimmery cloth peeked through. I took the shawl in my hands and another note was placed right above it, this one short and simple.

I know you'd be worried about the back of the dress, so this is for temporary use. Now hurry along Mrs. Khan, don't want to be late. ;)

Ugh! I angrily sat on the bed and reread both the notes I had just discovered. I huffed and ate one of the pancakes and half of the fruit bowl. I tugged the wet strands of my hair that were splayed across my shoulders and looked at the clock.