Chapter 43: Let's Run Away Somewhere Beautiful

CHAND RAAT MUBARAK/EID MUBARAK MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM ALL ACROSS THE WORLD! Here's a little treat to make this day a little more blissful and sweeter with Izhar and Nour. :) Vote, comment, and share. Remember, we are competing in #Wattys2016 so we need all the support in letting Nouran and Izhar shine! Thank you.

"Nour!" Izhar called from the main door of the apartment.

"Coming," I yelled and quickly walked to him with his mug of black coffee.

"Thank you my love," he gave me a small smile and quickly pecked my rosy cheek after taking the mug and walking out the apartment door.

"You're welcome," I mumbled halfheartedly and crossed my arms across my chest once I fixed the satin lapels of his dark blazer.

He took two steps backwards with his polished black dress shoes, but turned around seconds later and took a deep breath. "I promise I'll be home as soon as possible tonight," he gave me a lingering smile as he assessed my expression.

I shrugged nonchalantly and looked elsewhere as if him coming home late everyday for the past month wasn't a big deal.

But it was a big deal. I understood that he was busy, and his next two products were to come out in one month's time in sha Allah, but he was tiring himself with long hours of work and little to no hours of sleep, and it was absolutely ridiculous. When I'd scold him for not taking care of himself, he'd ignore it as if it weren't a big deal, but last night as I waited up for him against my own frustration, he'd gotten mad at me for not being in deep slumber. We'd argued for a few minutes, and then left each other till the other was calm. The both of us understood where the other was coming from; yet, his frustration and my stubbornness had gotten the best of us.

"I'll be waiting here," I informed faintly.

He let out a careless chuckle, detecting the difference in my tone and leaned forward. He rubbed the arch of my eyebrow with the pad of his thumb and determinedly said, "I promised, so I will be."

My eyebrows creased in sadness, and I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes as his lips lingered on my cool eyelids. "I just worry about you. That's all," I opened my wide eyes and played with the hickory brown leather strap of his messenger bag, slowly shaking my head.

"Well, there's nothing to worry about. I'm more than fine Alhamdullilah," he grinned as his eyes sparkled and winked at me before walking out the door. "Trust me when I say, this is the most important project. In sha Allah, all of this will pay off," he smiled excitedly.

I gave him a small smile and shook my head at him as I had tried understanding everything he'd told me about the next two products. The concepts were interesting and well grounded, but I hardly understood the inner mechanics. He was so passionate about his career, and without complaining about how I didn't understand anything, I'd simply nodded my head and gave the feedback I could.

"I trust you," I smiled and started to close the door. "Allah Hafiz!"

"Allah Hafiz darling," he winked and gazed at my nearly 26 weeks pregnant belly before walking out again.

I smiled at him and closed the door soon after. The past 10 weeks had been a whirlwind of actions and emotions. Everyone was excited for the baby shower that was just in a few days, the families taking the planning to the next level. Both my family and Izhar's had done an immaculate job in not letting any detail slip that would give away to what they were planning. I had been asked about colors, food, and anything in particular I was looking forward to, but truth be told, I wasn't eager about the grand event.