Dear Izhar... (*BONUS CONTENT*)

"Don't rush into love. Remember that even in fairytales, the happy endings take place on the last page." -Unknown

Cool droplets of rain framed the condensed windows that peeked through to watch the two nomads twirl around the large expanse with grace. They smoothly curled their bodies around the sharp corners of the marble countertops and ducked under the polished cabinet doors. The smaller version of the older one walked with more finesse than any other three year old could possibly muster in their little hands and feet. She followed every move of her mother's as she chuckled with a small hand covering her plump cherry rose lips that bubbled over with laughter.

The smell of the garlic and light butter melting upon the crispy soft flatbread wafted through the little girl's nostrils as she closed her eyes and sighed contentedly.

"Yummmyyy!" she exclaimed with her small arms flailing in the air like a free born butterfly on an a mystic adventure.

"Is my Raaina bug hungry?" Nouran smiled down to her little baby girl that waved her arms up to her mother to be held and given a generous glance at what she was stirring on the stove.

"Raaina hungweee," she frowned down at her belly as it grumbled with distress. She patted the soft watermelon color linen of her Zara pompom jumpsuit, the loose strands of her hair framing her heart-shaped face, a single strand of honey chocolate getting stuck on her plump cherry lips.

"Oh my darling, Mama is almost done, okay? And then she will feed you right away," she smiled, a frown forming between her eyes as she covered the simmering pot of butter chicken.

Her thoughts roamed to the clock striking quarter past nine as she thought about where Izhar was. He'd promised his girls he'd be back as early as possible so that they could all eat dinner together, especially with Raaina who would wait and wait for him to come home this past week but would fail as she fell asleep in Nouran's arms.

"Nooo, I wanna wait fo Daddy!" Raaina pouted at Nouran. Her chubby fingers played with the thin rose gold chain that held a small ruby teardrop at the nape of Nouran's neck as she picked her up and rested Raaina on her hip.

A gift from Izhar that she was forbidden to take off after he'd given it to her over a year ago on her birthday.

A small token of their love.

An ember that burned so dark, it had scarred a lustful mark.

She was his, and his only.

"Meri jaan, but you have to eat. Your stomach is grumbling like a roaring dragon's," she whispered as she snuggled her slender nose into Raaina's cheek, earning a shrill of delighted laughter.

Nouran couldn't help the brilliant smile that enveloped her whole entire face as she watched Raaina adoringly. Her entire life had revolved around the two people she loved more than the whole universe that had taught her how temporary this world truly was.

Nothing could and ever would compare to the precious angel she held in her arms that was gifted to her, leaving a sparkling trail of glitter that swarmed with irreplaceable memories.

Her own daughter.

"Raaina will wait fo Daddy," she mumbled, her thoughts consumed by the beams of light the small ruby threw against the ceiling.

"If you say so," Nouran sighed, looking at the clock one last time.

He always kept his promises.

Always.

******

After everything was cooked, plated to perfection, and the kitchen shined in its polish with cleanliness, the two skipped up the stairs and to the walk-in closet of the master bedroom. Each droplet of rain marked its path against the transparent walls of glass that shielded them from the bolting thunder as it guided nomads home.