Chapter 32: Trouble In Paradise Was Not Too Far

February 20th, 2016: WE MADE IT! WE ARE #1 in SPIRITUAL! Alhamdullilah times infinity. I'm literally in tears right now. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I don't know how to relay my gratitude. :') This one is for all those people, who read, voted, and commented, and of course for my silent readers. Every single one of you is special, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ATTENTION: There is a little bit of PG-13 momentum in the second section of the chapter! I would strongly advise you to use caution and your better judgement before proceeding. It's honestly not that bad, but you have been warned. Mature readers only! *closes eyes and skips away* ;)

"There was fire and desire in her heart. There was lust and compassion in her eyes. There was beauty and freedom in her smile. There was ice and breeze in her love." -hayatiofparadise

Time seemed undeniable before my eyes. Days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into a few months. I couldn't even fathom how I was already 12 weeks pregnant. Each moment of everyday felt more tangible and surreal then before. Now I had a small little lump in the heart of my tummy, my baby was growing! Izhar had placed a big piece of stationary on one of the walls in our bedroom. Each day that marked a full four weeks, he would make me stand a few short inches away from the stationary and trace the outside of my body with a permanent sharpie marker. Every time he'd make a curve of the semicircle, he'd measure my stomach and write the measurement next to the ring. It was memories like these that I always wanted to hold onto.

University was pestering me more and more each day, and things were getting tougher to keep up with. The advisor had called me in his office last week and told me that I had enough credits to finish my Master's in one year instead of two. With the year almost over, I had double the work to do, but Izhar and I agreed that it was a blessing. In sha Allah, in just a few weeks, I'd start my pediatric specializing courses.

Everything was going pretty well Alhamdullilah, but whenever I bowed down on my knees in Sujood, a pang would hit my chest. Things were almost too perfect, something seemed bound to go wrong. Trouble in paradise seemed not too far.

******

I turned to my side and reached out with my bare hand. I moved it across the light satin sheets, but it was cool and empty. My eyes slowly twitched open, and I quickly covered them with the back of my hand as the sunlight came streaming through my iris. I exhaled a deep sigh and smiled as I recalled last night's events. I turned on my back, the silkiness of the sheets caressing my skin and gingerly touched my stomach as a sharp scent shot up through my nose. My stomach loudly growled as the odor of freshly sizzled scrambled eggs hit my sensory receptors, and my swollen lips watered at the thought of fresh pancakes heating my mouth. I slowly got up in bed, clutching the blanket to my chest. I shyly looked around the bright room, and Izhar was nowhere to be found. I guess he was the one making the aromatic breakfast downstairs.

I deliberately grasped onto the blanket as I hunted for any piece of clothing that would at least cover the upper half of my body. I looked around and smiled to myself as my hand reached out for the seafoam green button up shirt that loosely lay next to my shredded white nightie. I shook my head at the remaining scraps of my nightdress and pulled my hands through the sleeves of Izhar's shirt.

I walked to the big, long and wide mirror across my vanity. My cheeks flushed under my gaze as I buttoned up each and every hole. It was extremely loose, but I liked it. It was comfy and big, covering a few short inches past my thighs. The sleeves were irrevocably long and airy. The edges of the sleeves were long enough to pass the bottom of the shirt where it hit halfway down my calfs. I shrugged one shoulder up and pushed my nose into the shirt, sniffing up the rain, wood, mint, and earthy smell that was unique and defined Izhar.