Chapter 25: Engaging Conversations

"A boat, seriously?" I stared at the large yacht with dread. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"You're not even on it yet." Anthony rolled his eyes as he grabbed my hand in his and stared pulling me forward.

"I get sea sick." I informed him in all seriousness. "And that's me just watching a movie about boats, just imagine."

"Babe, trust me I don't want to imagine."

The boat was docked at present but I was warned it would float out further into the harbour to give the gathering of people some privacy - and to prevent any noise complaints.

We stopped at the end of the dock, Anthony turned to face me with pleading eyes. "This is our friends and family, please do me a favour and pretend you don't hate me for rest of the night."

"As long as you don't act like a giant ass we're good." I smiled at him.

So he can act like an ass, or a small ass?

I frowned in all seriousness. No, not what I meant.

How do even determine the size of such an ass? You can't exactly grab a personality.

"Sky." Anthony craved my attention once more.

I blinked rapidly as my checks flushed red. "Sorry."

"Can we keep that to a minimum as well?" He was all but begging me.

Sorry buddy there is no off button in this mind. We're automatic.

I sucked on my bottom lip as I nodded my head. "I'll try."

"That's all I ask."

Walking onto the boat we were both soon bombarded with people - most of them acquaintances and friends of the Renner family. Gifts and well wishes were passed between us and I was a little stunned and shocked. My social anxiety was building and building.

"Sky," Anthony snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me to side just to stead myself. "You holding up?" He whispered.

"A little claustrophobic." I took shaky breath.

Anthony frowned a little confused. "We're standing outside, on a boat."

"And your point is?" I looked at him with wide, meaningful eyes. You could still get claustrophobic outside, especially if you were around a whole bunch of people.

"Anthony sweet heart!" Sandra beamed at her son as she rushed towards us. She embraced Anthony in a tight hug before she did the same to me. "Sky, honey you look gorgeous, that colour really suits you."

"Thanks." I all but sang at the compliment.

"Son." Anthony's father nodded in his direction.

"Dad."

Anthony's father quickly turned his attention to me. I grinned like the joker in Batman and looked around nervously.

Is he judging me? I think he's judging me!

Quick. Take a few side steps, hid behind the oddly shaped fake pot plant and then, when the coast is clear, jump of the boat and swim to Hawaii.

Hawaii? Why so far?

What's the closest island?

I don't know I failed geography!

Do you think the boat would have a map?

A sharp nudge in my shoulder had coming back to reality.