Chapter 29: Oh, to be a Couple

I didn't know exactly what to expect when I woke up this morning, but I don't think it was anywhere near this.

I had a surprisingly good sleep despite the early wake up - courtesy of the sun and very impractical curtains that looked pretty, but failed to do anything about the bright light. Anthony had respected the pillow wall and kept to his side, although he complained he didn't sleep very well with the room restriction.

As promised, Anthony was on his best behaviour. And I, well I was trying my hardest.

Breakfast went over nicely with casual conversation between us and a small introduction to the other five couples currently occupying the other rooms, all of which made me fearful of marriage even more, and judging by Anthony's tense shoulders, they had the same affect on him.

We wandered over to one of the large gazebos further out on the beach with the rest of the couples for what was called; Couples yoga. Anthony frowned deeply as he stared intently at the gazebo. His hands were in the pockets of his grey track pants and his white t-shirt hung loosely off tense shoulders.

I licked my lip nervously and linked my arm around his. His eyes snapped my way, wide and clearly surprised. "Why so tense?" I asked him giving him a brief smiled that didn't reach my eyes. "It's just yoga."

"It's never just yoga Sky." He smiled in return.

I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant but never got the words out as everyone came to a stop at the gazebo. A middle aged woman with beautifully golden skin and dark hair stood in the middle of a number of yoga mats. She smiled as we approached and quickly introduced herself.

"Welcome everyone, you can all call me Dee, come on in, take your seat on a mat with your partner." She clapped a little too enthusiastically for my liking.

Anthony took his hands out of his pockets and quickly took my hand, lacing his finger through mine and swiftly directed us to the large blue yoga mat, closest to the exit.

Kneeling down on the mat I took my hand back from Anthony and started drumming them nervously along the edge of the mat.

What am I so nervous about? How hard could yoga be?

We did some simple stretches to begin with but now, I was getting fed up. Dee's idea of couples yoga was basically Kamasutra with clothes on.

Anthony laughed a deep, hearty laugh that bought him nearly to tears as he rolled on to his back and gave way to a seemingly endless stream of chuckles.

"Shut up!" I scolded him and slapped his shoulder, which, only increased his amusement. "I think I pulled a muscle." I pouted and started evaluating my legs. Dee expected me to move one leg up and over Anthony's shoulder, and after ten minutes of protest I finally gave in and tried it. I should have continued to protest.

Dee clapped her hands again in an attempt to encourage us. "Sky, Anthony please continue." She cooed.

I rolled my eyes but didn't make any effort to move from my starfish position on the floor. Anthony chuckled again but finally managed to pull himself together and wipe away any proof of his laughing fit.

"Okay now we are going to try another position." Dee began, I am beginning to severely dislike her. "Be gentle with each other, this is all about showing each other you can support one another."

I highly doubted that, it was more of showing you were flexible enough to try out rigid fantasies.

"Sky, Anthony if you please." Dee gestured to us and Anthony had to bit his lip viciously to stop himself from laughing as everyone turned to us.