12- Alpha.

The song for this chapter is sooooo ironic! Hehe, listen while you read for effect!

The Black Keys- Howlin' for You

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 12

Hanna came into my house, with an innocent look on her face. I looked at her, I knew that she knew, but I didn’t know that she was going to go with the ‘tell me before I scratch your eyes out’ approach.

“Where’s Noah? Is he here?” She asked, looking around me to see if she could see him.

“Sorry Hans, Noah isn’t here today.” The disappointment was clear on her face. She sat down on my couch, and I followed suit.

“That’s a real shame; I really wanted him to back me up on this.” She said, still looking disappointed.

“Back you up for what?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

She turned her head towards me, may I add, painfully slowly; like some crazed psychopath. “I need him to back me up, because I’M GOING TO SCRATCH YOUR EYES OUT!” She pounced on me, reaching her hands for my eyes, all while screaming “I told you to stay away from Derek! I told you! He’s bad news Nova! Bad with a capital B! And what happens when you do go out? YOU FIND A DEAD BODY! ARE YOU INSANE?”

“Hanna, slow down! I can barely keep up, and stop screaming at me!” I tried calming her down.

“It’s hard not to scream at you Nova! For God’s sake you’re involved with a- you know what? Never mind. I’m going to let you find out for yourself what you’ve gotten yourself into.” She grumbled, I swear all she needs is steam rolling out of her ears.

“Well now that that’s over…how the hell did you know I went out with Derek?” I can understand her having an assumption, but to know about the woods thing? Something was fishy.

“Noah texted me and told me.” She said simply, as a blush crept up on her cheek.

“When did you get Noah’s number?” I asked, where have I been the past few days?

“Well, we first started talking, at the party; he was there with Josh and Chase. But I got his number at lunch yesterday. We’ve texted nonstop, and he’s even called me a couple of times.” She swooned while I opened my mouth to ask her if Noah knew I was at the party, but Hanna cut me off with, “And before you even ask, yes, he was at the party, and no, he didn’t know you were there. If I didn’t ride there with you I wouldn’t have known you were there either. After Dakota-“Pain swept across her eyes as she said his name, “- introduced me to his new boyfriend,”

 Boyfriend? Oh so he was gay, that made sense, I guess.

“- you completely disappeared, I looked for you and everything! Gone, poof! You pulled a Houdini on me Nova!” Hanna finished.

“Oh well…you see, about that. I kind of… well.” I struggled to get it out; I knew she would only be more disappointed that I was with Derek of all people.

“Come on, Spit it out! Oh please don’t tell me you were with Derek!”

Crap. Well, sorry to let you down, again Hans. I explained to Hanna how I had gotten a little too far gone, and how Derek had found me and we dance, and then I jumped the gun and took him to my house. She screamed at me until I finally could finish, and tell her that we didn’t have sex, and that Derek was the one who said we should stop. I didn’t mention to her the fact that he practically growled at me to stop, or the flash of glowing blue I saw in his eyes as he said it. I still thought I was hallucinating, and I didn’t need another lecture on the effects of way too much alcohol.