15- Is This a Date?

I'm back from camp! Sorry for the wait.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 15

          The next two days dragged by, I had gotten nothing but weird stares from the people in my free period, seeing as how I had a momentary second of insanity, and warning glares from Amber; daring me to say something about the woods. Aside from that, ever since I cried in the hallway with Derek, he’s been by my side as much as possible, constantly asking me if I’m okay. It was sweet, and I definitely didn’t mind him being around me; but this was getting sort of ridiculous!

            So I see a bunch of things in the woods I can’t explain- or even tell them about, I scream at no one in a classroom, and wake up screaming from nightmares a few times, and now all of a sudden I need 24/7 watch from my friends? No thank you!

It was Friday, during free period, Derek was sitting next to me, leaning towards me he was about to tell me something but I snapped.

            “Look Derek, I’m fine! You don’t have to keep asking me if I’m okay every two seconds! I think it’s great that you care but I can’t take you smothering me!” I rushed out. It wasn’t the whole truth, because I loved being around Derek, and I just didn’t like being smothered, even if it was by him. I also didn’t like him asking me if I’m okay, because I had to lie to him every time I said it. The night in the woods always replayed in my mind; making it harder and harder to not tell him.

            I’m not even going to get started on the nightmares, or the fact that for the past 2 nights I kept waking up- not in my bed, but somewhere else in my house. I was going to keep that a secret.

Derek look taken a back, he then relaxed, laughing a little, “I know you’re fine Nova, I was just going to ask you if you wanted to go to a party with me next Friday.”

I blushed, embarrassment taking over me, “Oh.” I looked down at my desk, well that couldn’t have gotten any weirder.

Derek laughed again, mumbling something about “smothering.” He then put his hand on my leg, leaning into my ear while whispering, “Nova?”

I had to hold in the jitters he gave me from that little gesture. Hold yourself together Nova! Don’t let him affect you like this. “Yeah?” I asked, trying to sound relaxed, but it came out as a quiet squeak.

“You never answered my question.” His hot breath tickled my neck, sending shivers down my spine. Gah! I hate it when he did this to me. For the past two days he would go from being friendly to seductive, and it confused the hell out of me.

Oh yeah, I did still have to answer him! “Yes, Derek, I’ll go to the party with you.”

He flashed an accomplished smile, and leaned back into his desk.

I sighed, boys these days.

---

Derek’s P.O.V.

            I was nervous about tonight; I was taking Nova to one of Nick’s friends’ parties.  I figured it would be a great time to really get to know her. Maybe I could even steal a kiss, or two, or a lot. Maybe I was getting carried away.

            But we were getting closer, she even started letting down the wall she put up. She told me how she really felt about her dad leaving, how she could care less about him, but she worried about Noah and her mom. She told me how she worried her mom was going to literally work herself into the ground. She even shared with me her suspicions that her brother and Hanna were going to be an item soon; but anyone could see that one coming. With the googly eyes they give each other all the time. And the burning sexual tension radiating off of them- oh the joys of being a werewolf; heightened senses give you a little too much information.