24- Noah.

Thank you guys for all the reads, comments, votes, and follows. It all happened so fast!

Listen to the song for effect. Seriously.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 24

            I was in the woods, when I smelled alcohol and humans. I laughed, drunken and idiotic teenagers always appealed to my appetite. Especially when I couldn’t get to those damn kids! It frustrated me, where was he hiding them? It couldn't be too terribly hard to find them; the daughter was easy enough to spot out. Hell, she came in the woods looking for me! But thanks to John and his idiot friends; I lost her. I ran faster, getting angry and hungry when I came across a group of teenage boys. I sniffed the air, and grinned when I smelled out the boy, John West's son. I would get one victory tonight!

            They were all drunk out of their minds, so I decided to play a little game. I grabbed one of the boys who got close to me, and knocked him out cold while another was telling a joke. One by one I knocked all of the boys out, leaving my target for last, the son. He seemed to realize something was off, and stood stock still when I growled. The satisfaction that I was scaring the boy shitless before I took his life was liberating, and exhilarating. I slashed his chest many times, before taking the kill with his throat. When his heart stopped beating, I laughed. Satisfaction washed over while I held his lifeless corpse.

                Part of me felt guilty for what I did, and the other part of me really didn't give two shits. This would break John, and I was only getting started.

            My eyes snapped open, and I let out a loud scream. I was shaking violently, struggling to breathe, while Hanna tried to calm me down, not even knowing what I was on about. “Nova breathe! Tell me what happened, it was just a dream, just a dream!” Hanna cooed over and over again. But I continued to shake and whimper. That didn’t feel like a dream. In fact, even since I was attacked I hadn’t been having dreams, but visions. And every vision always resulted in a very real death.

            This scared me the most because I dreamed about Noah and his friends. I didn't know they were going in the woods! The woods of all places, why couldn't they have gone to one of their houses? My heart raced, and I tore away from Hanna and rushed to his bedroom, plowing down the door. I stared in horror at the empty room, my blood running cold. There was still a sliver of hope in my soul, as I raced down the stairs, with Hanna hot on my trail; and out the backdoor. I ran into the woods, searching for the spot I saw in my slumber.

            I ran as fast as I could, until I came up to police tape and cops, stopping me and yelling at me. One fairly large cop looked at me in concern, and pushed me away from the yellow tape covered scene in front of me. The cop was saying something, but I couldn’t hear him. It was like a bomb went off, and my ears had shut off from impact and shock. The only thing that was drilled in my mind was to find Noah. He couldn’t be dead. He won’t be dead. I needed him. The officer was trying to hold me down and comfort me, and tell me I didn’t need to be here, and they were going to call my mother and sort things out.

            But I didn’t listen, I didn’t listen to the cops, or Hanna when she attacked me with questions, her face filled with worry. When the cop was called away from me, I bolted back towards my house, with Hanna following close behind.

            I wouldn’t talk, and I wouldn’t cry, not until I got to the hospital, and knew for sure. I grabbed Hanna’s car keys, and she didn’t object, only followed silently, while I zoomed off, full of determination, towards the hospital.