16- Chaos.

I won't update every day anymore, updates will be random. Sorry.

Listen to song before or while reading, it'll set the mood for this chapter.

Sorry for grammar mistakes.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 16

Derek and I were dancing, much to his protest, in a sea of people. The loud music was pounding in my ear drums, shaking my whole body. I decided not to drink as much as I did the last time I went to a party, but I did have a drink or two. That, added with pain medication, made me a little tipsy. Either way, I could still make smart decisions. The way Derek had his hands firmly on my hips, staring me in the eye as we hopelessly swayed to the beat, was making me weak at the knees.

I was really falling for Derek. Under his mean exterior, he was kind, caring, and not to mention so drop dead sexy that I wanted to do bad things to him all night long. He also made me forget about my worries. Whenever I was near him, or talking to him on the phone (I started calling him when I woke up from my nightmares, he said he didn’t mind, although I did feel terrible for waking him up at ungodly hours of the night), or when he would touch me, I forgot that I was attacked by some unknown monster. I forgot about Amber possibly being in a secret, man-eating-animal torture cult. I forgot about the guilt I had felt, lying to Hanna still about the night in the woods. Because whenever I was near, or talking to Derek, all I could think about was him.

His eyes were pulling me in, and I knew that I was seconds away from kissing him. No drunken mistakes, no impulses, just real, and raw emotion. I leaned my face towards his- keep in mind this was rather difficult, he was freakishly tall- and he met me half way. He moved his head even closer, making our lips nearly touch when a man in a long black jacket bumped into us.

For a split second I could have sworn Derek’s eyes flashed a glowing blue and as he growled at the man, I looked at Derek in confusion, but then I saw the man looking back at Derek.

The man had glowing red eyes.

Just like the monster in the woods.

I was about to make a run for it, before I could make a move I heard a deafening growl and a high-pitched scream.

Everything that happened after that was pure chaos. People ran everywhere, screaming and knocking things down. Derek screamed my name and grabbed my hand, but I struggled to get away from his grip. The monster that chased me in the woods was here, not 10 feet away from me, and I wanted nothing more but to run for my life.

I lost Derek in the crowd and high-tailed it out the door. Not caring how bad my leg had hurt, I just wanted to get out of there.

What had scared me the most was that Derek’s eyes glowed too.

Was he a monster like that man?

What were they?

I ran faster, and looked towards the house when I saw Derek- or something that looked like Derek, and had the same blue eyes as him- run out of the house, growling. I couldn’t even answer my own questions about what I saw because I heard a loud thwap! I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and I succumbed to the welcoming blackness.

---

Derek’s P.O.V.

This could seriously not be happening! I was seconds away from kissing Nova, and then the alpha had made an appearance! I should have known that he would, he had marked Nova after all, and now he was coming back to claim what was ‘his.’ The thought alone made me angry enough to shift, Nova was not his. She was mine. MINE!