22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.

Sorry for late update, my wifi was out!

Enjoy xx

Chapter 22

Derek’s P.O.V.

I was sitting in free period, minding my own business, when I smelled it; honeycombs and apple-butter. The scent was so strong it nearly burned my nose, and I knew without fail that my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me, and Nova was here! My head snapped up and I saw her.

Before I could stop myself I said, “Nova!”

She looked beautiful, her wavy blonde hair, her sky blue eyes, her perfectly toned skin and- wait. She dropped her books and her eyes filled with fear, and she bolted out of the class. No! This wasn’t supposed to be happening! I ran after Nova, and before I knew it, I had her pinned against a couple of lockers.

“Please. Go Away.” She barely even whispered while she shrunk away from me. Her voice was laced with fear, but her body was heated and dangerously close to me. I didn’t want her to be afraid of me; I wanted her to love me. I wanted her to cling to me and kiss me. But the fear in her eyes made me sure that she didn’t want anything to do with me. But something in me willed to try with her, anyway.

“Nova…I can explain.” I backed up, and gave her some space. I could explain, because I wasn’t the murderous werewolf she was afraid of, I was Derek Spears, the wolf that she could trust, and the guy she needed to love as much as I loved her.

I couldn’t even get the chance to explain, because Nova bolted out the door and far away from me. I didn’t run directly after her, because I stood there in complete shock. My heart clenched when she looked at me, so much fear in her eyes. I slowly but surely walked out of the doors, even though that just went horribly; I had to make sure she was safe. I would never forgive myself if something happened to sweet Nova.

She was going towards the woods; I mentally smacked myself in the face; she just couldn’t take the safe route home?

I hastily followed Nova, but made sure she didn’t know I was behind her.

John’s (Nova and Noah’s father) P.O.V.

So my little daughter didn’t want to hunt. Because it was just wrong, and her life was already complicated enough, she said. I laughed at that. Her world would come crashing down around her, especially with that beta she runs around with. I knew that she said she wouldn’t have a problem avoiding him, but I knew that she wouldn’t avoid him. My daughter was the kind of girl that went looking for trouble, and that beta would give her enough trouble for a lifetime.

Presently, and lost in my thoughts; I was walking through the woods, searching for the alpha. I knew it was daylight, but this alpha was different. I had a feeling he was the one survivor from the pack I took out all those years ago. They were the real reason I had to leave my family. Because the alpha, who was a beta at the time, swore revenge. It worried me a little; leaving my kids unprotected when there was a vengeance fueled alpha after them. But Noah never went in the woods, and Nova had that little beta following her around like a lost puppy.

I stopped my search when I came across none other than my daughter Nova, gawking at a mangled body. This was dirty work of none other than the alpha himself. I hadn’t cared to remember his name, because quite frankly I didn’t care. They were all the same; werewolves were rabid, ticking time bombs just waiting to go off. It was my job to stop them before they could do any killing. Unfortunately, I could only catch some after they had killed. But as my daughter was here, gawking at the poor soul the alpha had made breakfast, I thought, here was a perfect time to persuade her! I saw something standing not 20 feet behind her, without her noticing. I scoffed; I knew that little beta she had wrapped around her finger would be following her. So I could persuade Nova, and break the little beta’s heart. It would crush him to know the girl he is so fond of is a hunter’s daughter.