20- Home Sweet Home.

So it's currently midnight and I have so many chapters pre-typed I need to update to get room on my computer.

So thank me later, hehe.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 20

Derek’s P.O.V.

It had been 3 weeks since Nova’s disappearance. I had no idea if she was alive or dead. As much as I hated to say it, I would be okay if she was just avoiding me because of what I am. But I knew she wasn’t avoiding me, I knew she was missing. My mind blocked out the fact that she could possibly be dead.

The Monday after the party, Noah had cornered me at school, asking me about Nova. I lied and told him that I ditched her at the party, and she was just ignoring everyone.

“Listen here you worthless shit; if I find out that you’re lying, and you had something to do with my baby sister missing right now, then I won’t hesitate to kill you. And when she comes back, and I find you near her, I will you kill you.”

His threats were worthless to me, because I knew he couldn’t hurt me. And at the time I actually had a slim hope that she would return to me unharmed. Every night I waited in the woods behind her house, listening to her family, hoping that there was some slim chance of a hope that she would return. Two weeks ago, I overheard her mother and brother arguing.

Her mother had screamed, “Damn it Noah! You are supposed to look out for your sister! What if she got attacked like th-”

“Don’t go there mom! Just, don’t go there. We’ll call the police. They will find her and bring her home.” Noah said in a panicked tone.

I knew that all too soon they would find Nova, and my heart ached telling me the results would not be good. In Nova’s absence, my physical being was weak. I couldn’t shift, even when I tried. I struggled to hear and see things that normally were easy to see. And my chest ached with longing to see Nova.

I loved her. I loved her so much that I was happy with just a slim thought of her. I didn’t know that I loved her, not until she had gone missing. My mind went berserk, and the only thing that was on it was finding Nova, and never letting her go. It scared me how much I cared for her, because love was a foreign territory for me.

So here I stood, leaning against a tree, spying on Nova’s family. Even though her brother hated me and her mother didn’t know me, they reminded me enough of her that I could actually pretend she was there.

If only it was enough.

I stood there until I could barely hold my head up, and I decided to make my depressing walk home.

I thought I smelled a hint of honeycomb and apple-butter, just like Nova’s. But my mind had played so many tricks on me I decided to ignore it.

Nova’s P.O.V.

I was finally let go from the hunter’s cells; or, I told my dad I would kill myself if he didn’t let me go, and seeing as how nothing had happened to me with the whole ‘alpha mark.’ He had no other reason to keep me locked up. So I’m walking down my neighborhoods sidewalk, thinking about everything that had happened in these past weeks. I found out my father hunted werewolves, one was after me, I’m supposed to be a hunter, and I’m totally and completely in love with a werewolf who I should hate.

Yeah, I figured out that I love Derek. All I wanted was for him to hug me and kiss me and tell me everything was going to be okay. But he couldn’t do that, because every time I looked him in the eyes I saw the monster that had attacked me. I was also more than pissed that he had lied to me, and kept his secret for so long. It made chills run through my body, and I hugged my jacket tighter while looking over my shoulder.