23- Another West in the Woods...

Whoa, I'm getting like a lot of reads and votes...thank you! You made me happy :)

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 23

            Noah knocked on my door, “Come in.” I said loud enough for him to hear. He quietly walked in my room, and sat next to me on my bed.

            “You skipped the rest of school today Nove, and I just wanted to make sure you were okay…” he said, concerned. “Hanna wanted to come over and check on you, but I told her you needed space.”

            I felt bad about neglecting Hanna, because she did just want to help after all. I sighed, “I’m sorry Noah, I ran into Derek and I- I couldn’t stay at school. I’ll text Hanna and explain everything.”

            Noah smiled, “Okay, I think Hanna would like that.” His eyes then grew dark, “As for Derek, if he so as much comes within 15 feet of you, I will beat the shit out of him.”

            I laughed, “Well I hope it doesn’t have to come to that.”

            Noah laughed lightly, and then he looked like he was going to say something, but hesitated, before actually saying it, “I did come in here to check on you, but I also came in here to tell you something.” He looked almost as if he was scared to tell me whatever it is he was going to tell me.

            “Well, go on, tell me.” I urged.

            Noah rubbed the back of his neck, while casually saying, “I’m going out with the guys this weekend, and I was wondering if you and Hanna could hang out here, you know, keep her from worrying about me. Jealous girl, that one.”

            I laughed, “Yes Noah, I will watch over my crazy best friend and your insanely jealous girlfriend while you go get drunk with your friends.”

            Noah pulled me into a hug, and lifted me up off the bed and shook me, “Thank you thank you thank you! You’re the best little sister on the planet!”

            “Okay! Put me down Hercules!”

            I laughed, spending time with Hanna would be perfect, I needed someone normal to hang out with. Well, as normal as someone in Ravenwood, California can get.

Noah’s  P.O.V.

            The week had blown by with lightening speed, and I’m glad Nova was acting somewhat like herself again; it was a relief to see her smile and laugh. Something told me she was hiding behind her smile, but I knew Nova better than she knew herself, and she would tell me eventually. I was also happy that she would keep Hanna at bay tonight, with all the time I was spending with her; I was starting to lose my manliness. Brad, Chase, Conner, and a few of the other guys were taking me out drinking in the woods; it was like a ritual they did whenever they found a guy worthy of their group.

            After telling them I wasn’t whipped, they told me where to meet them, and that I had to bring my own booze. This wasn’t a problem, back home I was the king of fake ID’s, and mine was still in my wallet from the last party I had taken alcohol to.

            I took a shower and ate some leftover food, when Hanna finally came over. I could hear her and Nova talking like they used to; before Nova disappeared to only God knows where. I smiled, it made me happy that Nova was so okay about me dating Hanna, because honestly; I felt like she was the one! I know, I know, it’s pretty crazy if you look at the short amount of time we’ve spent together. But those moments felt like utter bliss, pure and sweet, and when we were along, the moments got so hot and heavy it was hard to control myself. But with Hanna, I let loose.