21- Back to Reality.

I'm having an update spree yeeyee! I'm just really bored and have nothing better to do, plus I love my 20 readers, hehe.

Enjoy!

Chapter 21

I woke up the next morning, feeling terrible. Every muscle on my body ached, and I can only assume it was because of the awkward position I slept in. I sighed, and commenced getting ready for school. I stepped into the shower, letting the water wash over me, and my thoughts were drawn to the past three weeks.

I couldn’t get over the fact that I’m supposed to be a werewolf hunter, or the fact that werewolves exist! It scared me to think of all the times I was with Derek, beside him, wanting to kiss him, and, we slept beside each other! All along he could turn into some half-animal half-human thing. I shivered at the thought. The alpha’s red eyes still haunted me every time I closed my eyes. The nightmarish visions I had every night made me feel like I was going insane! I had no idea what they meant, and I wasn’t planning on letting anyone in on my insanity.

I stepped out of the shower, tried off, and slipped some comfortable clothes on, along with Noah’s present. I didn’t even care that I looked like a well-kept homeless person, at least I was comfy and my leg wound- which was looking much better- was covered. It looked like it was healing fine, but the burning pain I felt told me otherwise. I really had no idea what was wrong with me, but as long as I was keeping quiet about things, I might as well add my leg to the list.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, along with my school bag- that was full of work from weeks ago-, and rushed out my door. I stopped in the kitchen, and grabbed a granola bar and a pack of donuts. It was the breakfast of champions! At least, it was compared to what I had been eating lately. I’m pretty sure I lost 10 pounds back at the hunting lair.

I still couldn’t believe any of it! But I guess after some time I would have to, it was my life after all.

Fortunately, Noah’s voice broke me from my chaotic thoughts. “You ready Nove? It’s been a while since I took you to school, I kind of got used to driving myself…” he began, laughing awkwardly.

“I can always walk to school, if me being in your truck bothers you.” I said blankly, I know last night was a lovely reunion, but I was tired and hungry; and those were two ingredients for a sarcastic, rude, and emotionless Nova.

Noah looked shocked at my attitude, “Whoa there. I wasn’t expecting that. Whoever was nice to me yesterday, I want that girl back. Not this psycho that took her place!” He laughed when I glared at him, all while putting his arms around my shoulders, “Chill, Nove. I was kidding, get your ass in my truck and let me drive you to school. I bet Hanna can’t wait to see you!” he enthused.

Oh God, seeing Hanna would be a nightmare. I didn’t know if she would hug me or kill me. I shuddered and got into Noah’s truck, and went to school.

Amber’s P.O.V.

I should have known Nova was John’s daughter. I mean, if his “favor” and all his talk about his kids being hunters soon wasn’t a dead ringer, then his last name being West should have. I was so consumed in alpha hunting that I couldn’t figure that one out.