17- Where the hell is Nova?

Um, I can't remember if I updated tonight. And I'm super bored. So here.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 17

            Amber’s P.O.V.

            I tracked the alpha all the way back into the woods, I was going to find him and finally prove myself to my father! Who says you have to be in groups to hunt the alpha? I laughed; I was perfectly capable of handling this on my own.

            A growl erupted in the darkness, and I turned and aimed my gun to where it had come from. I saw nothing, no eyes, no alpha. I sighed in frustration; of course he was toying with me. Werewolves did love to play games. I had my gun aimed and ready to shoot at the next sign of the alpha.

            The next thing I knew I was knocked to my feet, and another threatening growl sounded- this one I was all too familiar with. “Oh, for fucks sake Derek! Stay out of my way!” I rolled my eyes angrily.

            He looked at me, his glowing blue eyes narrowing as he growled, “No, Amber, you stay out of mine! The alpha took Nova and I’m going to kill him!”

            Wait what? He thought the alpha took Nova? Psht, that was ridiculous! John took her; why, I had no clue; I was still trying to figure that out before I decided to go solo alpha hunting. I laughed, and hard at Derek’s little ‘super werewolf saves the day’ attempts.

            “You- think- the alpha- took Nova?” I said in between uncontrollable fits of laughter. “Oh- that’s great. I thought you were smart!”

            Derek took a step closer to me, anger and confusion written all over his face. “He marked her last week, and he showed up at the party. Now he’s out here and I can’t find Nova. Who else would have taken her?” He growled.

            Since when did Derek care about a silly girl? Ever since my dad took care of Nick and his parents I’ve never even seen him smile. I shook my head; I didn’t see why everyone wanted something to do with Nova. Derek, John, and even some of the boy toys I kept around school thought she was captivating- not that I was ever going to let her know that. Why didn’t anyone care about me? I mean, I know at school I was a controlling bitch. But even in my own house I wasn’t acknowledged! This was getting ridiculous!

Although I still found Derek acting like a lost puppy hilarious I decided to give him my honest opinion. “What makes you think she was taken, Derek? You wolfed out at the party as soon as the alpha affected you! She probably saw you in your beta form, and I’m sure her post traumatic stress from that night in the woods- which I never received a thank you for saving her ass, by the way- was terrified of you! Hell she probably thinks you’re the one that tried to kill her! Jesus Derek you’re really stupid!” I laughed. I couldn’t help it, I seriously didn’t like Nova! Or Derek for the matter…

Derek looked at me, he had shifted back and he had a look of shame on his face, “I know she saw me. I could feel how terrified she was. I didn’t get a chance to apologize or even explain what I am to her before she took off!”

“So you are admitting that she in fact- ran from you, rather than being kidnapped.” I smiled, satisfied I caused Derek grief.

He growled at me again, “I went to her house first, and she wasn’t there.”

“Well, sorry to disappoint you there buddy but the big bad alpha didn’t take your little girlfriend, I saw him run out here by himself. Nova went in the exact-”