4

Lucas's POV

I pulled up at the open mic club. I was a big fan of poetry.

"Ok let's go" I said getting out the car. I watch her try to leave the car but couldn't. Did she really think I was gonna let her get it by herself. I opened the car for her and closed it for her. "I'm a gentleman ma lady I will never let a lady get out by herself" I said opening the door for her.

"Oh how nice of you sir" she said entering. She looked amazed at how nice the place looked. On the outside it looked as if it was an old warehouse, but in the inside neon lights and a huge stage was present. We were seated in the middle getting a pretty good look at everything that was happening.

"So is this also the dinner cause I really don't want to leave" she said as we saw another poet leave the stage.

"Only if you want" I said as I was called on the stage.

"No" she whispered as I walked on the stage.

"Hey guys" I said. The crowd said high back and I started.

(I don't really know how to write poetry so so bear with me)

"I've been searching for a love that made me feel as if I was on cloud 9, have I found it.
Not yet.
That was until I found you.
We met today
But as they say love at first sight happens and I'll stop anything that I'm doing to be with you. I'll end my life to make sure you still bless the world with your looks.
But one thing I do want that hasn't been asked
Will you do me a favor and be mine" I finished but as I said my poem my eyes never left hers. The DJ noticed and put the spotlight on her. She laughed and nodded her head.

"She said yes" I yelled jumping off the stage. In the process I fell on my ankle and yelled in pain.

"On my gosh Lucas are you ok" I heard Mya ask while rubbing my forehead.

"A kiss won't hurt me darling" she laughed and turned serious.

"Your ankle is swollen and bruised. You need to go to a hospital quick" she stood up and ask a girl if she could call 911. I winced as I was pulled up by a security guard. He placed me on a chair and checked my ankle.

"You're hurt pretty bad buddy" he said while standing up. I sighed. I had a modeling job to do. How could I model when my ankle is fućked up.

"Are you ok" Mya asked sitting next to me.

"Yeah. What a way to kick off being a couple hey" I laughed and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah" I was in pain but being here with her was more important.

"Why we wait for them to come tell me about yourself" I asked getting comfortable.

"Well I'm 26, and I was engaged to a man who got engaged again when I was in a coma and now I'm starting to relive my life" she said rubbing my hand that was on her leg.

"Wow" I grabbed her hand and intwined our hands. "Any family, nationality anything special" I asked. I really wanted to know her.

"No and I'm African American and Asian" she said laughing. "What about you Mr.Detective" I was going to the answer but the ambulance had came and were already checking my ankle.

"Yeah we're just gonna bring him to the emergency room for an X-ray and some crunches. Your free to come too" the emt said helping me.

"I'm going to drive your car there. Be safe though "

************

Mya's POV

I waited in the waiting room for Lucas to come back with his crunches. I sat playing games that were on my phone when he walked in.

"Hey wanna sign my cast?" he said showing me his wrapped foot. I laughed. I never thought that I would have so much fun in such a bad way.

"You're too much" I pulled the keys out of my bag. "Let's go lover boy"

He gave me the directions to his house. When we pulled up, I was shocked. He lived in a mansion.

"What do you do for a living" I asked pulling into his circle driveway.

"I'm an underwear male model" he said trying to get out the car. Wait what.

We were watching Netflix and chillin. I'm kidding. But we were cuddling on the couch when I remembered he never told me about his life.

"You never told me about you" I said sitting up. He followed wincing when his leg moved.

"Well I'm 30, and an underwear model. I am White and I am dating the beautiful Mya"

"Ever been married, kids, engaged" I asked being curious. I really wanted to know.

"No to all three but I would love to have said I've done all these things with you" he leaned in to kiss me when my phone ranged. Damn it.

I looked to see it was Darius calling. I had changed his name to a$$hole.

I ignored it and went back to almost kissing Lucas when he called again.

"Maybe it's something really important" Lucas said sitting back. I sighed and answered.

"Is there a reason why you're calling" I asked through gritted teeth.

"It's 11:30 and you're not home. Why" I hanged up and put my phone on do not disturb and went back to the couch. When I got there Lucas was sleeping peacefully. I really hate Darius right now. I went back to the couch and took the cover off the back and wrapped it around us.

I snuggled up against him and felt his arm drape around me. I snuggled up more and rested my head on chest.

I've never been more happy in my life then as I am now, and I have the coma to thank.

*Lucas Ell~Parker Hurley
*Word Count~ 1018