7

Mya's POV

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. He was getting married in six months. Six months and he expects me to welcome him with open arms and forget that he's getting married and has a kid.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the message that Lucas has sent me.

Sweet dreams sweetheart. See you tmm for brunch" I really didn't want to see anyone at the moment but it was Lucas and I couldn't just shut him out just because I was upset.

Sure but make sure you rest that leg

After responding I went downstairs to get something to eat.

"Hey mom" I said while sitting at the table. She looked at me and waved. She was reading emails from her laptop.

Maybe she knows what I should do since I'm confused.

"Can I ask you a question" I asked looking at her.

"Sure"

"What do I do"

"What the heart wants the heart gets" she then got up and went to the living room.

That's it that's all.

She then came back, peeping her head in.

"Oh tomorrow morning we're going shopping for my family reunion" she said then leaving.

Mom's reunions were epic. I hadn't been to one in over a year but I knew it wasn't anything plain. We had to dress to the 9s and it was always formal maybe until now since me and Darius aren't together and are having troubles right now it may be a disaster.

**********

Elizabeth's POV

I walked back to see Walter looking at me laughing.

"What" I asked sitting down at the couch.

"We haven't had a family reunion since her accident" he said pulling me towards him.

"It's never to late to start again. Now I have phone calls to make" I said grabbing the house phone and calling some family members.

***********

"Darling get up" I said shaking Mya. She had stayed up all last night debating on what to do.

"It's too early" she said moving the sheets closer to her face.

"No it's not it's only 9:30 and its time to leave now we need to get the outfits" I said pulling her out the bed. She mumbled words under her breath and went to the bathroom.

"That's my girl" I said as she walked out.

**********

We walked around the mall looking for formal outfits. I was mostly looking for something sexy for her to wear. She's been going to the gym more often and it was showing a lot. We walked into my favorite shop, Classy Girls. (Made up)

"Do you find anything you like" I asked her as we looked through the racks. I found a matching floral piece that will look good on her.

"No" she held an olive green dress with black and gold accents on it. Before I could talk a voice behind me spoke.

"I'm sure both will look good on you beautiful" I turned around and saw that home wrecker from before. Why was he here. I was about to ask the question when Mya asked for me.

"Why are you here" she asked kissing him on the cheek. Ugh.

"I was here to buy something for you and heard your angelic voice" he said looking at her. She blushed before seeing me.

"You remembered my favorite lady in the world" she said pointing at me. He turned and smiled at me. I forced one to be present on my face. I grabbed the dresses and walked to buy them. She grabbed me hand. She then reached my ear. "Please me nice mom for me"

I nodded. "Nice seeing you again" I said before walking away. "Nice job Elizabeth. Nice job"

I watched from the bench as they laughed and held hands. I was on the phone with Walter telling him about this guy.

"Does he make her happy" he asked

"Yes but....."

"Elizabeth let it go. Mya got hurt physically and mentally when she was with Darius. Do you want that to happen again" he asked. I stared at the couple before me and sighed. Maybe Walter is right. Maybe this guy is what's best for her and Darius. Now my family reunion is for no reason.

************

Darius's POV

I searched through the racks of the store looking for something to wear. My mom called last night informing me that she was starting the family reunion again.

Meghan was in Baby's R Us shopping for Delilah. I walked out the store when none of the suits caught my attention. I walked to the food court and saw my mom, Mya and that Lucas guys all laughing. What happened to my mom not liking that guy.

I ordered nachos and walked to their table.

"Can I sit here" I asked asking to the seat next to my mom across from Lucas.

"Sure man the more merrier" he said. Mya looked away.

"So we never got the proper introduction. I'm Darius and you are" I asked extending my hand for him to shake it.

"Lucas, nice to meet you nicely" he then grabbed Mya's hand and entwined their fingers.

"You know Lucas I'm hosting a family reunion on Sunday. Would you like to come" my mom asked sipping her drink. What the.

"Um sure is there a dress code or anything"

"Yes like you're going to the Grammys or for you some fashion show" he smiled and checked his phone.

"Well I got to go. Photoshoot" He got up and kissed Mya on her cheek.

"See you guys Sunday"

"What happened to his foot" I asked as we had out of my sight.

"He was so happy that I accepted his request to be his girlfriend he jumped off a stage and twisted his ankle. It was the sweetest thing somebody's ever done for me" she said smiling. I faced my mom hoping she didn't fall for his act but she did.

She too was smiling and awwing at her story. I was about to get up and walk away from this love sick thing when Meghan came.

"What's going on" she asked sitting where Lucas once sat.

"I was explaining how Lucas sprained his ankle" she gave Delilah to Mya and listened to the one second story.

How are girls so gullible. He's only doing to try to get in her pants then leaves her. But yet again, the harder he breaks her heart the closer she'll come to me. Maybe I need to have a little talk with Mr. Lucas Ell.

Outfits on the side or on top.
Word Count: 1098