12

Darius's POV

I sat down at the cup and sipped my coffee. I had asked Mya and Meghan to join me for breakfast. What happened yesterday was uncalled for and immature.

I was about to text them to see where they were when Mya walked in. She took her sunglasses off and walked to where I was sitting.

A waitress walked over to us and asked if she wanted anything to eat or drink.

"Tea" it was silent for a minute before she decided to speak.

"What am I doing here" her face was still scratched but some of if has healed.

"I want to get some things off my chest to both you and Meghan" I said looking out the window.

"And you think us being at the same table will help" she questioned. I nodded and watched as Meghan walked in, but she wasn't alone.

Lucas was right behind her in casual wear like all of us

Lucas was right behind her in casual wear like all of us. From a standard person they looked like a couple.

Meghan passed Mya and sat next to me. Lucas did the same to me, but sat next to Mya.

The same waitress came over and took their orders. She commented on how cute we looked an walked away.

"If only she knew" Mya said underneath her breath. Lucas draped his arm over the back too the chair and got comfortable.

"Why are we here" he asked looking at me. His face was also bruised but not as bad as Meghan's. Her eye was red and slightly swollen.

"Well to be fair I only invited Mya and Meghan not you" he rolled his eyes and played with his beaded bracelets.

"Please stop" I shifted in my seats and looked at the couple sitting opposite of me.

"Can we get to the chase already. Mya I'm sorry for attacking you and calling you names. Gosh I feel like a child" Meghan said putting her hand out for a handshake.

"I apologize as well and I'm sorry for getting in between you Darius's relationship. I never meant to and I'll accept your apology" she shook her hand and they hugged.

"Men" we sighed and looked out the window.

"Are you guys serious" Mya said looking at both of us. "If me and Meghan can make up, so can you. I mean you already know this Darius, if I fight someone we're never gonna be friends yet I can look past that wth Megan. You can't" she touched Lucas's back as rubbed it.

She leaned in and whispered in his ear. His eyes went big and he fixed himself.

"Can you please look at me" I turned my head and looked at him. He took a deep breath and began talking. "I'm sorry for punching you in the face, I'm also sorry for fighting you more than once and I'm also sorry for anything else that has upset you"

"Thanks bro" Meghan hit me in the back of my head and told me to apologize. I gave my half hearted apology and shook his hand.

"Ok since we've cleared up that can we finally know why we all are here"

"Yes I wanted to get everything off my chest"

Everyone looked at me. I'm guessing Mya knew what I was talking about because her face said it all. Don't do it.

I ignored her facial expressions and started to explain everything.

"Ok let's get everything out. Me and Mya meet when we were in elementary school. Her parents had just moved to the state and she was the new girl at our school. Junior year we became closer and I confessed I had feelings for her but she was afraid of dating me. Senior year I asked her to prom and from there on we were a couple"

Meghan looked at me. Her eyes straining.

"When she turned 23 her parents past in a car accident. It was hard for her. We were dating for 5 year at the time. We dated for 7 years before, well she told me that she was going to leave if I didn't propose to her" they all laughed but Meghan seemed be mad.

"I proposed to her, and we were engaged for a year and a half, when we were going to my parents house for the wedding cost, I was being an aśshole and kissed her on the lips while driving. Causing me to not see a truck and crash into her side of the car"

Mya looked at me with tears in her eyes. I was getting to the reason as to why I had given up on us.

"When she was induced in the coma, I visited her everyday. Even on our wedding day, I wore my suit for the wedding and brought her flowers and everything, but the doctors kept telling me that she was never going to wake up. I went to the bar and met Meghan. I don't remember much from that night but I just wanted you guys to know about me and Mya's relationship" as soon as I was done, Meghan fixed herself and spoke.

"Since we're telling our past and secrets, I have one." How bad can this be.

"Delilah is not your baby"

Wait what.

"What the hell did you just say" I said moving away from her.

"We never had séx, she's not yours, but you were so nice and were a great talker. I wanted to be with you. If I had known that you had a fiancé in a coma, I would've never went as far as I've gone with this lie at all. I'm so sorry"

I can't believe what I'm hearing at the moment. I shook my head and watched as Mya and Lucas were looking at Meghan with wide eyes.

"I want you out of my house" I said pinching the bridge of my nose.

I heard a sniffle and looked at Meghan. She had no right to cry right now. I've even lied to for almost a year.

"I'll have nowhere to go"

"Oh really then who's the father" I asked. I swear if it's Lucas or some shít.  My eyes drifted to Lucas and be shook his head.

"Not me"

"Gavin"

"Wait the man you were trying to set me up with"

She lowered her head and didn't speak.

I pushed passed her and stood at the end of the table.

"I'll be staying with my mom, when I come back to the house, and I don't want to see you or that baby. I'm done with you and the wedding is over" I put money for the tab and walked out the diner.

Mya's POV

What the hell just happened.

Outfits⬆️➡️
Word Count: 1126

Word Count: