20

Mya's POV

I can't believe that I'm going to get married in less then an hour.

Darius's mom walked in with a jewelry box.

"I decided to give you this as the something old, to your something new. And its also blue" she opened it and my eyes almost bulged out my head.  It was my mothers old necklace. It was a family tradition and when she passed I couldn't find it in the house. I swore she wore it the day my parents died.

"How did you,"

"She gave it to me a long time ago. I don't know if she knew she wasn't going to see you getting married or whether she wanted to make sure you wouldn't find it. Either way, here you go" she latched the necklace on my neck.

"I'm going to cry" I laughed while touching the piece of jewelry. It was so pretty yet old.

"You look stunning and your parents would be proud"

Darius's father walked in and announced it was time. He reached for my hand and told me how lucky Darius was to have me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

We walked down the isle, but I was tempted to turn around. Darius barely cried like how they did in the movies.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. The priest asked if we had any vows. Darius nodded and pulled out an index card.

"Mya, where do I begin, you were the shy quiet girl in kindergarten and was constantly picked on. And although we didn't express our love until we were juniors in high school. I loved you ever since you walked into my kindergarten class and moved in next door. Today would've been our one year anniversary if I hadn't been stupid, but I'm happy I've gotten another chance with you. Not many men can say that"

We all waited for him to continue, but he didn't.

"That's it"

"You can only fit so much on an index card" he stated. The church laughed but i was kind of disappointed. He only talked about us being in kindergarten. The priest looked at me and I pulled a looseleaf sheet of paper. 

(Im going to skip Mya's vows. If you want to know what she said then I'll make a chapter on her vows)

****

Darius's POV

I'm a married man. A married man and a soon to be father.

My wife and I walked to our table and sat down. I don't know how Mya can walk around in those heels. I was wearing church shoes with a dr. insole and my feet hurt. We haven't even eaten, and the food looked good. We both had steak.

"So how does it feel to be a Jackson" I asked after swallowing my steak. She did the same and wiped her mouth.

"It feels amazing, I can't wait till we celebrate and our child comes along. I think I like your idea, if we have other kids"

I knew exactly what she was talking about. If we were having a girl her name will start with a D. If it was a boy, a M.

I smiled and kissed her lips. A flash went off and I couldn't be more happier. This is how it should've been. Who cares if it's a year late.

Word Count: 596
I start school on Tomorrow so the epilogue won't be up until Saturday or Friday afternoon.
I will post my other book suggestions as well.
Don't forget to vote/comment on which book you want to read next.