Chapter 57- Bandages And Masks

Austin POV

"Austin, come here. I need to talk to you," Amanda's dad says to me, looking extremely angry.

A while ago, the ambulance arrived along with the cops and Amanda's parents.     

"Sure." I walk up to Amanda's dad and lean against the wall, where he is standing. I feel like hitting my head really hard against the wall right now, but I decide against it when I see the look in Amanda's dad's face.

"I don't know exactly what happened but I know that you were with her when this happened," her dad tells me, "Look, Austin, I don't know how else to say this but... You need to stay away from my daughter."

I nod, staring down at my shoes. What else could I have expected? Would her dad just pat my back and say it's okay? Of course not! Either way, he's right. I do need to stay away from her, no matter how much I want to do the complete opposite.  

She probably hates me for doing this to her. She is going to hate me for leaving her, especially after everything that just happened.

"You should go. Right now. If I ever see you close to my daughter again, you-"

"You won't," I say, cutting him off. "I swear, I'll stay away. I can't hurt her again."

Amanda's POV

I watch my dad talk to Austin as someone puts a bandage on the deep cut on my arm.

The scratches and cuts still hurt a lot but it will heal. The ones on my face will hopefully be gone before school starts again. I'm really not looking forward to being at school, but at least I will have Austin with me.

They look really serious and it makes me wonder what they're talking about.

Austin pushes himself off the brick wall and starts to walk away, not looking at me.

Once the bandage is wrapped around my arm, I run up to Austin. "Austin," I say, holding onto his arm to stop him from walking.

Austin completely stops in his tracks when I touch him. "What?" he asks, his voice as cold as ice.

"Where are you going?" I ask, turning him to face me. I frown and look up at him, not sure why he seems so distant.

"It's none of your fucking business, Amanda. Just stay away from me." He glares down at me.

This is exactly what Austin was like before I got to know him. He was cold and mean. "Sorry," I whisper, quickly letting go of his arm and stepping away from him.

"Don't be sorry. What are you sorry for? You did nothing. I just... I can't be with you anymore, Amanda. I can't talk to you anymore. Don't say you're sorry.  It's really not your fault, but, we're over. I'm sorry," Austin says.

"Over? You're breaking up with me?" I ask, shocked. Out of all the things that could have happened tonight, I didn't expect this.

A tear rolls down my cheek, stinging the scratches on my face. I quickly wipe the tear away so the burning stops, and then I look up at Austin.

My tears are probably tired of my face. So many people have hurt me. I shouldn't even cry anymore. I should be used to the pain. 

Pain is something that should be normal for me. Yet, I still cry like I've never felt the pain before.

He frowns and moves his hand towards my cheek, to touch the scratch marks the red head lady left, but I take a step back before he can touch me.

"Fine," I whisper. I'm done trying to fight for people who don't want me. Now I can just add Austin to the list.

A pained expression appears on his face but, in a flash, he puts on a mask and hides everything. "Fine," he says back to me, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"What are you waiting for? You want to leave? Then go. I won't miss you." I fold my arms across my chest, pretending like it doesn't hurt even though it feels like someone shoved a sharp blade through my heart.

"Don't go," I whisper, shaking my head. "I don't want you to go." I don't know if I should push him away or pull him closer.

"I have to," he tell me.

"No you don't! Please," I beg, taking his hand in mine. I need him right now. I need him to stay next to me. I need him to make me feel safer.

"Goodbye, Miss jelly tots." He steps away from me, letting go of my hand. Then he walks away, as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

Miss jelly tots.

I didn't think those three words could hurt me as much as they did.

I should have seen it coming. I couldn't have been stupider, for thinking he would be the first to stay. I shouldn't have let my guard down, and I'll make sure to never do it again.

Goodbye, Mister Sexy pants.

-

A/N: ... And then there were none.

Song: Heaven- Amber Run

Question of the day: What is your least favorite animal?

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG