1

Danae POV

**I woke up in the house that I've grown up in for most of my life. The only thing missing was the sound of my mom walking around the house and humming to whatever song she was into that week. I sat up and looked at all the boxes that were in my room, because I was being forced to move out of this house and move to California. My mom was murdered about 3 weeks ago and I had to move to my "dad's" house. I've never met this man and I didn't care to but since I'm only 17 I have to move in with him. I could have stayed with my Aunt but something about me always fighting in school and some other bullshit prevented me from doing that. I mean it's whatever tho, I'll find away to get the fuck out if his house and into my own. The moving truck came and took all the boxes and shit away and we're going to have them shipped to my dad's house. I drove myself to the airport and was not looking forward to this long ass flight.

____AfterTheFlight____

I got off the plane and got my bags from baggage claim and a cab was waiting for me since my car wouldn't be here for like 2 days. Th cab was driving to this janky ass neighborhood, and I already didn't want to be here. I just rolled my eyes and the cab driver pulled up to a nice size house I guess. It was the biggest house on the block so I mean I guess that was a plus. I paid the driver and got my shit and walked up to the door. I rung the doorbell and some fine ass nigga answered the door, but I instantly regretted saying that because for all I knew he could have been my brother. I shook the dirty thoughts out my head and came back to reality.

Austin: Uh....Can I help you?(chewing on a straw, leaning in the door)
Danae: Uh yeah actually. Is Shaun here?
Austin: Yeah. Hol up.(walks off) Daddy!!
Danae: (talks under her breath) Damn...
Shaun: (walking up to the door) Danae?
Danae: Yup. And you must be my father...?
Shaun: Yes...(grabs her bags)

He grabbed my bags and showed me to my room. I walked in and it was nice I guess. He didn't really say much to me and I didn't care at all to be honest. I didn't want to get to know him, I didn't even want to look at the nigga. The guy that answered the door came in my room and sat on my bed.

Danae: Uh...Hi.(smiling a little)
Austin: Wassup....Who you?
Danae: I'm Danae...And I guess I'm your sister.
Austin: Well I'm Austin and,1. You look way to lightskin to be my sister and 2. How old are you?
Danae: Well we most likely have different mothers and I'm 17. How old are you?
Austin: I'm 18. What are you mixed with?
Danae: I'm Mexican, Black, and Dominican...
Austin: Bool, Bool. Well I'm full nigga.(laughs)
Danae: (laughs) Okay then.

Before he or I could say anything else some guy walked through the door and went up to  Austin and did the guy handshake thing. I looked up at him and he looked at me and he was fine as fuck! Had my knees going weak and shit, like damn. He shook my hand and told me his name was Keenon, I shook his hand and told my him my name. After that him and Austin left the room and when I looked back Keenon was looking back at me too. I turned around quickly and smiled a little. They went to a room next door which I was guessing was Austin's room. I heard Keenon say some "Who's baby next door? I'm tryna hit." I rolled my eyes at his comment and finished unpacking, until I heard Austin smack him upside the head and said "Nigga that's my sister! And she only 17!" I laughed and closed the door, and plopped down on the bed. I didn't want to be here but after meeting Austin I figured he could get me through it, he seemed nice....Keenon on the other hand that nigga had me lifted. Soon after thinking about all the good things that have happened so far I dozed off.