15

Danae POV

**When the officers took Keenon and what I'm guessing to be his friend Dre was crying hysterically. He and I laid together for a while and I rubbed his back and he ended up falling asleep. I was on the verge of a deep sleep when I remembered Keenon told me to look in the closet safe.

Keenon was holding putting stuff in that damn safe but never took anything out. I just got up and went to the closet and over to the safe built into the wall. I stood in front of it but that's when I remembered that I never knew the combination. I paced the closet and thought about it for a good minute. I tried my birthday but it was wrong, then I tried the password to his phone but that was wrong also. I heard Dre moving around in the bed and that's when I tried his birthday and sure enough the safe was open. When I looked inside there was stacks on top of stacks on top stacks of money.

They all had a band on them and they were all labeled. One said "Danae" another one said "Dre" and the rest said "PocketMoney". Like negro this ain't "PocketMoney"! I looked through the rest of it and I found one that said "Bail( just in case)" I took that to mean he wanted me to come and bail him out. I rushed out the closet and grabbed Dre and put my shoes on rushing to the car. Dre was still knocked out when I was strapping him in, so I was glad I could finally do it without him wasting time to put up a fight. I got in the car and sped off because my baby does not need to be in jail.....or does he?

Keenon POV

**Ty and I were sitting in the holding cell looking at the white walls in silence. About 45 minutes later a tiny white officer lady came and unlocked the cell doors and called my name. I got up and walked out to see Danae holding a sleeping Dre on one arm and signing papers with another. I walked over to them and kissed Danae on the lips.

Keenon: I see you looked in the safe..
Danae: I sure did...and that shit is far from "PocketMoney"
Keenon: (chuckles) I guess so.(kissing Dre forehead) We can't leave here without my nigga Ty.
Danae: I was going to bail him out too but I didn't know his name.

After she said that we gave the front desk lady the rest of the money and bailed out Ty. He walked out looking relieved than a bitch, walking over to us giving me dap.

Ty: Nigga thank you.
Keenon: You already know I wasn't gon leave my nigga behind. That shit would have been foul.
Ty: I'm just happy you helping at all. They had just brought some fruit loop ass nigga in there and I am far from about that life.
Keenon: (laughs) Nigga come on.

We left the jail and went back to the house. The whole ride home Ty and I were talking but every time I would look over at Danae she looked irritated and in deep thought. She pulled up to the crib and we all got out, and I got Dre. I showed Ty to one of the guest rooms and he went straight to bed and Danae went straight upstairs not saying a word. I put Dre in his room and went to the room with Danae. She was under the covers on her phone not looking up at me.

Keenon: You good?
Danae: Mhm...
Keenon: Don't lie.
Danae: (putting her phone down) Keenon what'd you do?
Keenon: Why does it matter?(brushing it off, walking to the bathroom)
Danae: (gets up and follows him) Why does it matter? Did you just hear yourself?
Keenon: Man Danae I'm not trying to argue.(taking his shirt off turning on the shower)
Danae: Keenon just be real for ONCE in your life! I asked you a simple question and you get all defensive. Just answer!
Keenon: Why the fuck you all in my business?!
Danae: Nigga you are my business! Now just tell me what you did and this could be done!
Keenon: Danae get out my face! I don't want to talk about it so leave it at that!
Danae: No Keenon I'm tired of you just brushing me off!
Keenon: I said drop it!(punching her face)
Danae: (falling to the floor, looking up at him)
Keenon: (yanking her up and pushing her out the bathroom, slamming the door) FUCK MAN!!(punching the door)

Danae POV

**After Keenon pushed me out the bathroom, I didn't know what to do. He hasn't hit me in so long, but apart of me wasn't surprised. I sat on the floor and I could feel my jaw throbbing, and I could taste the blood in my mouth. I got so frustrated with myself and cried tears of anger. I heard him get in the shower and that's when I got up and started packing my stuff. I packed as fast as I could but I guess I should have moved a little bit faster and paid a little more attention because somebody came up behind me and snatched the bag from my hand. I turned around only to see a furious Keenon with nothing but a towel around his waist.

Keenon: Where you going?
Danae: Keenon we can't keep doing this.
Keenon: Doing what Danae?!
Danae: (jumps a little, letting a tear fall)This Keenon!! You know this shit is wrong! I don't need you going back to you putting your hands on me because that's not fair! I'm sick of you throwing temper tantrums because something doesn't go your way!!
Keenon: (sighs) I know...Danae the last thing I need for you to do is leave...Right now I need for you to stay with me, and I promise I will do better.(hugs her tightly) Just please don't leave.(kissing from her, neck, cheek and lips)

I didn't want to give in to the kiss but I did anyways. He kissed me so softly. He kissed me like it meant something. Like WE meant something. I carefully laid me on the bed and that night we took things slow, and I could feel the love between the both of us. He made sure I felt everything, and I could honestly say that we made love that night.

Ty in MM