23

Danae POV

**Keenon rushed out of the room not leaving me any time to protest or ask where he was going. I just laid down in the bed where Keenon left me and thought what he went to go do. I have to admit that it was hella creepy that whoever texted my phone could have been watching us but it was hella suspect that Keenon had the same number on his phone. I tried calling and texting Keenon but kept getting no answer from him. Soon enough he turned his phone off altogether. I sighed out in frustration and threw my phone down on the bed. All I know is when I see Keenon angina he had hella explaining to do, and this time there was no dodging it.

Keenon POV

**Jaide and I tracked the number and she was able to track down where that phone was. I quickly wrote down the address and made my way over to wherever the hell it was. The whole way there I could only think of how pissed Danae probably was right now. I didn't want to make her upset but I didn't know how or what to tell her. I did know that I couldn't keep this from her forever, and I didn't intend to but everytime I wanted to tell her it never felt like a good time. Thinking about this almost made me miss the spot I was supposed to be stopping at.

When I noticed where I was I felt stupid because I could have made it here without the address. I was a couple blocks away from my old neighborhood, and the house I parked in front of was a small house, and it all looked quiet and abandoned. I got out my car and went up to the door but instead of knocking I took my gun out and shot at the door knob, letting myself in. Walking in it smelled like straight up alcohol and weed. I heard and saw girls scream when I barged in but I didn't give a half of a fuck.

Keenon: Where's Desmond?!(Keenon's Dad)

RandomGirl: Who the hell are you?(stank facing him)

Keenon: I'm your worst fucking nightmare if you don't answer my fucking question!(yanking her up by her hair)

RandomGirl: Ouch!(gripping his hand) He's in the back!

Keenon: (throwing her down, running to the back)

That bitch had me fucked up talking to me like she knew me. I made my way to the back and I saw my dad just sitting there counting money at a desk. When he saw me he just kept doing what he was doing as if I didn't phase him.

K.D(Keenon's Dad): (chuckles) Made up your mind yet?

Keenon: Hell no! Leave my girl out of this! Don't text her shit again or we gon have hella problems blood!(smacking the money out his hand, getting in his face)

K.D: (gets up) Keenon I don't appreciate how you been coming at me lately. Especially since I'm trying to help you.

Keenon: Help me? Nigga I don't need a damn thing from you.

K.D: Keenon we both know taking care of kids isn't easy. I mean I took care of 4 of my own...not including you of course.(smirking)

Keenon: Trust me nigga I know. But like I said, don't text, call or nothing with my girl because I don't wanna have to hurt yo old ass. I will let you know what the fuck I decide when ever the fuck I feel like it. And if you don't like that shit then your lil weak ass offer can go to one of your mark ass sons that you so proud of taking care of. (Brushes past him and walks out)

I left the house and sped off to the house because I really needed a hot shower to clear my head and I really didn't feel like fighting with Danae just yet. I pulled into the driveway and walked inside the house and went straight to the master bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and let the hot water take me into some deep ass thoughts. I stayed in the shower for at least an hour, then decided to get out and go back to the hospital because the way I left Danae hanging wasn't 🅱ool. I just threw on some basket ball shorts, a black hoodie, white socks and my red high top chucks. Bracing myself for the argument I was about to get into I left the house and made my way back to the hospital. When I got there I went to her room and it was almost like she was waiting for me to walk through the door. She was sitting up in the dark, just looking at the wall in front of her not moving a muscle.

Keenon: (sighs) Wassup.

Danae: Shit you tell me.

Keenon: You know what I'm done dodging this shit. Here's how this shit goes. My dad popped up out of mid fucking air and apparently he has some big ass drug "empire" and he wants me to take over for him. I've already been selling drugs for a while now, and I know I should have told you this a long time ago, but I didn't and I'm sorry. Right now I don't know what's gonna happen just know I got you, Dre, and baby girl.

Danae: (nods her head slowly) You gonna take it?

Keenon: What?

Danae: Your dad's offer. You gonna take it?

Keenon: (sighs) That's all you got out of that?

Danae: (rolls her eyes) Yes or no Keenon? Damn.

Keenon: (puts his face in his hands) Man I don't know.

Danae: You know I gotchu either way? Right?

Keenon: (looks up and chuckles) Yeah. I know. Thank you.

Danae: Mhm. Don't keep no shit like this from me again.(pushing his face) Nigga.

Keenon: 🅱ool out.

That actually went better than I thought it would. She was okay wi everything I just said but I had a feeling that this wouldn't last long. Danae and I fell asleep together and Dre came and laid with us on the bed too. In this moment I realized that I was actually hella lucky. I had a dope ass family. I had my baby boy, I had baby girl on the way and I had a dope, fine, and loyal girl right there with me. Everyday I felt like I had to make sure to prove myself to her, and make sure I didn't do anything to fuck it up. I haven't talked to Catelyn in a long ass time because I knew Danae hated that girl with a passion. I even stopped talking to my own sister because of the way she kept coming at Danae. Kyndell kept telling me to beat Danae, and leave her to be with Catelyn. That's when I decided to go away for awhile to get my head together, and figure out what and who I really wanted. I obviously chose to be with Danae and I don't regret that decision at all. Danae has been hella down for me and I need to do any and everything to make sure she stay down.