26

______6MonthsLater______

Keenon POV

**Its been 6 months and Danae is a full 9 months pregnant and tense as ever. She's always taking what I say the wrong way and she always has an attitude about something. The only time when she's not all pissy is when we're working on music. Everytime I was in the studio she was with me and helping me with everything and I appreciated every minute of it. Today we had a huge meeting at Def Jam today. We just made it in New York and I felt weird as hell to be in the EastCoast. I felt real out of place. Danae and I rented a car for the time we were down here, because it was just something about them taxi cabs that a nigga didn't trust.

We decided on bringing Dre with us because we were going to be out here for a while and we didn't want to leave him with my mom for that long. Danae, Dre, and I were on our way to the hotel and I dropped the top on the car and played Cali Livin by Dom Kennedy featuring Yours Truly. This was one of my songs on my upcoming mixtape called 4HunnidDegreez. Danae has even put together a whole website for me and all types of merchandise were being sold and allat. If it weren't for Danae I don't know what I'd be doing. I'm sure you're wondering if I took my dad up on his offer and I did. Ty usually holds it down for when I'm not there though.

Danae: (laughs) You just gon bump WestCoast shit while you in the East huh!

Keenon: Damn right I am.(blasting the song)

Danae: (shaking her head) Hot ass mess

I pulled up to the hotel we were staying in and Dre looked so fed up and tired with the day, and Danae looked tired too. we got out the car and checked in going up to our room, and the first thing Dre did was get in the bed and started to doze off. Danae and I just laughed at him and I went and got ready for this meeting. If I get signed to this label it could change my whole family's life. When I got down doing my hygiene thang and allat, I walked back out and both Danae and Dre were passed out. I kissed the both of them on the forehead and walked out heading to my meeting. When I got to the building I got real nervous all of a sudden.

I just brushed it off because ain't no going back now, we already made it this far. I walked inside and the front desk lady told me to wait in the front room. I waited there for about 20 minutes until a short bald guy in a suit came and told me to follow him. We went to this conference looking room, and all the doors and windows were glass, and two other guys were sitting in there looking like they were waiting for me. The man that brought me back here introduced himself as Mr. Drake.

Mr.Drake: Please sit down Mr. Jackson.

Keenon: Just call me Keenon.

Mr.Drake: Okay then Keenon. I've learned that you would like to be signed to Def Jam.

Keenon: Yes sir I would.

Mr.Drake: Well a woman named...(looking at a file) Danae Magdaleno transferred some of your music over to us.

Keenon: (smiles a little) She said she did.

Mr.Drake: Well let's take a listen. Shall we?(grabbing a remote turning on a radio)

After he pressed the play button on the remote my song I'm Good on my first mixtape Just Re'd up came blasting through the speakers. I mean I was nodding my head because I like my shit but the record label people had some hard ass poker faces. They just sat there not saying anything, they didn't move, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped breathing. The song ended and the man turned the radio off and he stood up, so shit I stood up too.

Mr.Drake: Keenon.

Keenon: Mr. Drake.

Mr.Drake: Welcome to Def Jam son.(holding his hand out)