Chapter 1

"Maddi! Hey." My best friend Xander waved his hands in front of me.

"You're daydreaming. Again." He smiled sheepishly.

We're just hanging out in my living room since he thought it was a perfect time to do so.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I replied.

"I was talking and realized you weren't even listening." He sighed.

"Oh. I'm sorry Xander."

And I really do. Xander is my best friend and my only friend for that matter.

Even though he's a guy and I'm a girl - a nerd to be specific- he still chose to stick with me and he doesn't care about what others have to say.

And about the daydreaming thing, I was just thinking about what happened earlier at school.

I was again thrown daggers and bullied by the jocks and brats at school.

I don't even have an idea as to why they do that. And my appearance doesn't even concern them.

Are they mentally retarded or something? Or they're just doing it for no reason? Oh, scratch that. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. But what?

Because as far as I'm concerned, I haven't done anything to make someone's life a living hell.

And are nerds supposed to be the ones looked up to?

Because we never break school rules, we study our lessons well and get high grades.

So are people of this expanding world really retarded or what?

"That's fine." Xander replied for what felt like forever. "What were you thinking anyway?"

Uh-oh. I should've seen this coming.

"Uhm, n-n-nothing." I stuttered. I really don't need for the 'overprotective' Xander to be activated right now.

Because if he knew about the bullying thing, he'll surely do God knows what. And I really don't want to know because if Xander gets mad, expect the unexpected. Creepy right?

"C'mon Maddison. Don't give me that. Who are you kidding? I'm your best friend and I know if something's bothering you or not." He spoke. Honesty filling out his words.

"Well.... l-let's just not t-talk about it right now okay? I'm so not in the mood Xander." I smiled sadly at him. Silently hoping he would just drop it.

"Fine. I'll let it pass this time but don't expect me to do the same thing next time around." I let a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Xander." With that, I approached him, giving him one of my bear hugs. "Love you."

He chuckled and said "Oh I know you do." Then I slapped him playfully on his arm.

"What was that for?" He then faked hurt at the sudden action. And we ended up laughing our asses off.

Oops. Did I just say that? Let me rephrase it.

We ended up bursting into a misfit of uncontrollable laughter.

Now that's much better. Haha

"Let's just do our assignments then we can watch a movie later." I suggested.

"Oh c'mon Maddi. Could you give yourself a break? Let's watch a movie first. Please." He begged, giving me the best puppy dog eyes he could muster.

"No. Listen to me this time. I swear I'll let you pick the movie of your preference later."

Luckily, I stopped the urge to give in to his request, because I'm the kind of person that puts school work under entertainment. That's what nerds do right?

"Fine." He unwillingly agreed.

"Good." With that, I stood up and grabbed my History and Science book then started off answering the assigned pages. Within 15 minutes, I finished everything.

"Done." I said aloud. "What about you Xander?" I asked him.

"Not yet but I'm almost finished." He looked up from his book and grinned at me.

"Okay." I muttered, more to myself than to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maddi? Maddi, wake up." I heard someone calling me. I slowly cracked an eye open. Feeling the weight of my heavy eyelids.

"Hmm? Xander, what time is it?"

"It's five past ten. You fell asleep."

"Obviously. So.. what now?" I asked, wondering if we're still going to continue what's planned.

"What?" Was his smart reply. I rolled my eyes at him. Feeling so awake from sleeping for a few hours.

"Are we still going to watch a movie or what?" I asked.

He snorted. "You think?" He sarcastically said. "I already watched something and I just don't want to wake you up. You look tired."

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"So I've gotta get going Maddi. It's getting pretty late." He stood up and gave me a quick hug.

"Oh yeah. Okay." I walked him to the door and muttered each of our goodbyes.

After which, I locked all doors and windows, knowing that my parents would stay in their offices for the rest of the night, doing what they call 'business work'.

I'm quite used to stay at home alone most of the time, just in case you're wondering.

And thankfully I don't have that teenage issue caused by jealousy and then eventually results in communication gap between parents and their child.

I mean, couldn't they appreciate the fact that their parents spent so much time, sacrificing which just for their sake? Don't get me wrong, I intended no offense to anyone by that.

A few minutes later, I was in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling since I'm not ready for my consciousness to leave me yet.

My mind then drifted off to think about what I would undergo tomorrow and also wondering how far would the jocks and brats could go into teasing me non-stop.

Tomorrow is gonna be another day of living hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote? Comment? Share? :)