Chapter 13

Maddi's P.O.V.

It has already been a week since I was haunted by that nightmare involving that certain car crash. Ever since then, it never gotten a chance to leave my mind and add to the ever-growing pile of my chaotic thoughts. Nothing better to do than suddenly finding the ceiling interesting, I unlocked my phone and opened my private diary. Oh how I love technology these days.

Dear Diary,

I had this weird dream a week ago. No matter how much I tried, my efforts always ended up down the drain as it is impossible to decipher. I know, I know. Why am I stressing myself with nothing but a stupid dream? The answer is simple. It felt so freaking real. It was like a flashback from my past. A piece of a puzzle that could possibly complete something within me. It was like a memory that slapped me across the face and was waiting for me to put something together. What if it did happen? What should I do? What happened to those people from the other car? I have to find answers.

Still confused as hell,

Maddison

I set my phone aside and got out of bed, pondering on how I should find answers. Because truth be told, the more I ignore this, the more I will wonder. 

"Maddi, dear! Dinner's ready!" Mom called from downstairs. 

"Coming!" I replied as I hurried down and into the dining room. "Hey mom! What are we having?" 

"We're having pasta dear, I hope you don't mind." She said as she set the table while I offered to help.

"Hmmm, that smells good Mom. I haven't had that since..." I trailed off, knowing that my answer would just ruin the peaceful ambiance of the room.

"I know dear. That's why I cooked this just for you." 

"Thanks Mom." Just after I said that, my dad came into the room and kissed me in the forehead.

"Hey Maddi, how's your day so far?" He asked.

"Good, I guess." I muttered. If only you know how my life at school dad.

"Okay, so let's eat." 

Soon enough, we were talking and chatting away, looking all happy. At that moment, we were an epitome of a perfectly happy family and something from the back of my mind wished it just stayed like that. It was like when I was still little. I was so happy back then.

"I still remember when you really liked fairy tale movies and let me buy all those princess stuff and it was just... I can't forget it. And your mom would laugh at the expression on my face." Dad recalled as we continued talking while mom brought the dishes to the sink.

"Really? Oh my gosh Dad. I would give everything to just see the expression on your face. It must be priceless." I giggled at the thought.

"Yeah, you're our little princess back then. You would always convince us and give us that cute puppy dog face that we can't say no to just to go to the park and buy you some stuff. It was fun. Oh, how I missed that." My mom reminisced as I too tried to remember all the fun time and happiness way back when I was a little kid. But my smile faltered as an imaginary bulb lit up in my head. 

"Mom?" I asked as I looked her deep in the eyes.

"Yes sweetie, what's wrong?" She gave me a questioning look.

"Uh, it's just, uh it's really bugging me for a week now and I can't get it out of my mind..." I trailed off and looked at the both of my parents' faces, urging me to continue.

"I had this dream. And it was the three of us in there. We came from the movies and while we were driving back here in our house, something happened. Something terrible happened. We got into an accident. And everything after that is a blur, I woke up and that was it. But mom, why do it felt so real? I know it's stupid, I mean yeah it was a dream but I felt like it's a flashback. Oh i don't know, I just wanted to find answers." I finished and when I looked up, I was downright surprised by the looks my parents are giving me.

My mom looked as if she just saw someone died. All traces and hints of happiness from her face gone. My dad, well, he looked between my mom and me over and over again, as if debating on something important. Well I was so confused.

"Mom? Dad? Do you know something about this? If you do, please enlighten me because you both are creeping me out." I spoke in a rush. The tension in the room slightly building up by the second.

"Maddi. Just please listen to us. We have something to tell you." My dad was the first one to speak up and he looked like he was about to say something really big so I just nodded my head. 

"When you were 8 years old, we got into a car accident. The dream you told us about? Yes it was true. And it may or may not be only a dream. It's a piece of memory that came back to you. Maddison, you got an amnesia after the accident. The doctors said that it may take a lot of time to regain your memory. Years perhaps. After you woke up from the hospital, we chose to start over. Because we thought it's for the best." My dad finished, leaving me in a state of great shock, unshed tears blurring my vision.

"But why didn't you tell me? Why?" I muttered lowly, I doubted that they heard. I didn't know what to feel and how to feel.

"Because we didn't want you to remember. It was for the best. We didn't want you to be traumatized and dwell in that terrible accident." Someone said and I didn't know if it was my mom or my dad because I was lost, their voices seemed so far away, pushed to the back of my head. I was so overwhelmed with foreign emotions that I couldn't quite comprehend. I was about to walk away into my room but I remembered something.

"What happened to the people in the other car? Did they live?" I asked straightforwardly. Itching to get away in this situation.

"No. They died. They were dead on arrival." That's all it takes for me to run to my room and pushed the door behind me with a loud bang. 

Who would have ever thought that the answers I've been looking for are in the hands of my very own parents. I was right. It was a flashback. That is why I couldn't remember anything from my past. I couldn't believe they kept this from me all this time. 

I spent the rest of the night thinking about the family of the people inside the other car. Are they okay? How did it affect their lives? How are they now? Where are they? 

Oh dear God, please guide and protect them. This is all my fault. If only I did shut up my mouth, the accident wouldn't have happened. Oh please Lord, forgive me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : Okay, this chapter is pretty much says something beyond Maddi's dream. And forgive me pretty internetians for I haven't updated in more than a month, I reckon. Expect an update for more or less than a week. It's summer so I should write more. New cover on the side, what do you think? This is dedicated to a really cool friend, @Jessah1D 

Rock on & ex oh ex oh,

-lovaticsanmae13 :*

Vote? Comment? Share? :)