Chapter 5

"Xander? Why are you here?" I asked, surprised to see him at my door in the middle of the night.

"Maddi, I'm really, really sorry." He said weakly, I took in his appearance. His hair was messier than usual and he had bags under his eyes, signs that prove that he is indeed serious and not to mention, desperate.

"Please forgive me. I've never been sorrier in my whole life. I-I didn't mean what I said earlier, I swear. I promise--

I approached him and pulled him in a hug, cutting him off. It took a while after he reciprocated my action. I felt his chin rest on my head and his grip on me tightened. I usually pulled out by now, gasping for air and tell him how tight his hug is, but at that moment, it didn't matter.

I love my bestfriend and I couldn't afford not talking to him or avoid him. I was also sorry for what happened earlier, I haven't intended to snap on him like that either.

"I'm also sorry for how I responded earlier. Let's just forget it okay?" I said, pulling out from the hug a little bit, just enough to see his face.

"Really? So, you're not mad at me?" He replied as his eyes lit up, filled with pure joy.

I let out a shaky laugh. "Of course not. How could I stay mad at my bestfriend?"

"I thought so." He smirked, all previous emotions he'd shown earlier disappeared.

"There you go again." I playfully scowled at him.

"What?" He innocently replied.

I rolled my eyes at him, feeling good that he has returned to his teasing, old self.

"Nothing. Now get out of my room and go home. It's getting pretty late just so you know." I reminded him.

"You are ditching me out? Can't I stay here for the night?" He pouted.

"Xander!"

"What? It's getting pretty late, you said it yourself." He said half teasingly.

"Fine, but you'll have to sleep on the couch and wake up with a back pain." I smirked at him, knowing how he hates waking up with an aching back.

"Okay." He shrugged

"You're not complaining? I thought you hated to sleep on the couch? I asked, shocked at how weird he's acting.

"Fine with me, as long as I'm here with you." He smiled at me.

"Shut up and get out of here. You're getting weird." I told him

"Okay. Good night, sweet dreams, and don't let the bed bugs bite baby girl." He winked, obviously teasing me, knowing that I hated to be called that way.

"Don't call me that." I pushed him out of my room and shut the door in his face.

"Harsh!" I heard him say on the other side of the door.

"Whatever!" I shouted back and with that, I jumped on my bed with a smile on my face.

*-*

"Wake up princess. Your breakfast is ready." I heard someone say, making me open my eyes and sit bolt upright. I quickly reached out for my glasses on my nightstand but someone put it on me and saw Xander in front of me.

"Xander, what do you think you're doing?" I asked sleepily.

"I made you breakfast." He proudly grinned.

"Breakfast in bed? Seriously, what's gotten into you?" I asked, looking down at what he made, expecting to see a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk or juice, but instead, I saw a perfectly cooked bacon and eggs waiting to be consumed by me.