Chapter 3

It was Friday afternoon, just a few minutes after the bell signaling for the end of the last period rang.

Just as I slammed my locker shot and was about to head to the school parking lot, two girls pulled me back and held my arms tightly that I felt their long, manicured nails dug up against my skin.

I flinched at the pain that their stupid manicured nails caused. They pulled me to a deserted hallway and pushed me hard to the wall.

I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes at the pain but I didn't dare utter a single word just to give them that satisfaction.

I recognized them immediately. Lauren Bricks and her twin Lisa Bricks were the ones who pulled me here.

Meanwhile, Carla Keith is their so called 'leader'. Her long dark hair falls perfectly in wavy locks just past her chest. The twins obey anything what Carla wants them to do.

It's easy to recognize the twins from one another. They're both blonde but Lauren has pink highlights while Lisa has blue.

The three of them trapped me. Lauren and Lisa on my either side and Carla was right in front of me, her eyes full of hate and jealousy.

"Listen here you stupid nerd." She snarled and I swallowed. Hard.  

"What are you doing with Xander?" She continued.

When I didn't answer, she slapped me hard on my left cheek. My hand immediately flew to where her hand hit me and I could feel my vision getting blurred caused by unshed tears.

But I hold them back, not wanting anyone to see me crying, let alone these inconsiderate jerks.

"Answer me!" She shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Why do you care?" I answered without thinking. I was shocked by how strong my voice came out and I didn't regret saying it.

"You're asking me why I care? It's because I like him. I want him. He shouldn't be hanging around with pathetic nerds like you. He should be with me because together we make a perfect couple and it would also add something to my popularity."

When she realized what she just said, she cupped a hand to her mouth. Obviously not thinking of her words before it left her mouth. But unfortunately, she quickly regained her composure.

"You still haven't a-answered my q-question." She stuttered, afraid that I might spread what she said to the whole high school population.

"It's that what you want with my bestfriend? You want to use him for your own sake? How could you? How could you make yourself blinded by popularity?" I shot back. This time, stronger than ever, knowing that my bestfriend is now involved by her stupid plan.

"Stop the ranting bitch. I don't care if he's your so called bestfriend. Just stay away from him before I kick your ass off. I know that you're only using him to protect you from.. what is the word? Is it bully?" She teased me, a knowing smirk stretched across her lips.

"Stop!" I shouted, feeling betrayed by the tears that fell uncontrollably from my eyes.

"I'm not using him! He doesn't even know that I'm threatened 'til the last inch of my life by the majority of this knocked up high school population! You do realize that I'm doing all of us a favor right? If he doesn't know about this, he won't hate you all for doing this to me and he won't hate me for not telling him." I muttered angrily.

"Fine. Whatever, so that does mean that you'll stay away from him?" She replied dumbly. I rolled my eyes.

"Why would I stay away from the person that chose to stick with me through anything?"