Chapter 9

Beep beep beep

I vaguely heard my alarm clock gone off before me. I groaned. Another day of school. I just wished someone could grant me another minute of precious sleep before I go off to such sick reality. Because you know, for me, dreaming is insanely better than living in the real world. I’m guessing you already know that, so yeah.

I unwillingly got off my bed and went off for a good, long rinse before I finally went downstairs for breakfast.

Now, you might wonder about me being that of a ‘morning person’ thingy. Okay, just know that this is the first time, (probably) in my entire 17 years of existence have I ever been unwilling to go to school.

Don’t blame me but if you’re in my position, you’d probably understand. But I’m still trying to comprehend what is the real reason of me not wanting to go to school today though. It’s either like I’m just so tired or I just feel that something could go wrong (and it most undoubtedly would) but it’s probably the latter. But nevertheless, I pushed those thoughts away. Before I could allow myself or more likely my thoughts to drift off somewhere unknown, yet again, the sweet aroma of bacon and eggs welcomed me, never ceased to make my mouth water. I was equally surprised as a deer caught in the headlights when I saw my Mom, being the one cooking breakfast.

“Uh, hey Mom. What are you doing?” I asked, confusion still prominent on my features.

“I’m cooking dear. Isn’t it obvious?” She replied in a ‘duh’ tone.

“I can see that but don’t you have work or something? You might be late, just saying.” I reminded her.

“Oh no, not today honey. Me and your dad decided to take a day off.” She grinned widely as she told me that.

“Really? Well, that’s quite new. So what’re you both doing for the day?” I asked.

“Well…” She trailed off, probably debating on whether or not to tell me their plans.

“Well?” I raised an eyebrow.

“W-well your dad decided to take me out on a date. You know, just us, talking and you know.” She revealed and I swear I’ve seen a tint of pink that had crossed her features.

“Awwwee. That is so sweet! Well I wish you both a good day ahead.” I cooed, being the person that I am.

“Thank you dear. Now here, go eat your breakfast. You don’t want to be late for school.” She handed me my meal and I muttered a little ‘thank you’ after that.

“Right Mom. I really don’t want to be late for school and have people tell me how worthless I am as a person.” I muttered more to myself than to her as a sort of reply to what she said.

“What was that dear?’ She asked.

“Oh, nothing. I said I am so excited to go to school today because you know, to learn about things essential to apply in our lives and also to hang out with my friends and mingle with other people, you know because I have friends, not just that many but I do have and I’m definitely not the person who has the least number of friends, that’s so not me. Ha ha… So yeah, that’s why I can’t wait to go because it’s not like they’ll threaten me just because I’m sort of like a nerd and all but I do understand that high school go by different cliques you know, like the cheerleaders, the jocks, the divas, the fashion icons, the dramatic people and so on and so forth. Well, I can’t really name all of them because there are just too many to mention but they are really friendly to me you know and yeah, I’m so excited to go to school today.” After realizing that I just rambled about the bullying thing in a sarcastic sort of way, I mentally slapped myself.