Chapter 7

"Tell me more about yourself." Susan said as she drummed her fingers on my study table. We decided to finally start our English project.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, not knowing how or where to start.

"Uh, just the basics first."

"Okay. I'm Maddison Troy, an only child. My parents both have a company wh-

"Okay. Cool, cool. Now tell me about your favorites, likes or dislikes." She ordered me, cutting me off.

"I thought you want to learn the basics?" I asked emphasizing the word basics as I did.

"Yeah, yeah. Just tell me about your favorites." She asked impatiently.

"Demanding much?" I retorted and she gave me a look. "Okay, what's the rush anyway?"

"Duh? Haven't you remembered? It's Vanessa's party in just like 4 hours!" She half-shouted, causing me to laugh.

"Why are you laughing? Are you retarded?" She then asked, making me laugh more uncontrollably, if that was even possible.

"Y-you should've seen your face!" I told her and when I saw the expression on her face, I stopped. "Why are you stressing out anyway? It's just a party."

"Just a party? Just a party?! Seriously? It isn't just a party, it's one of my bestfr--

"Okay, fine! Calm down, you look like you're going to explode any minute now." I cut her off, not wanting to hear about the importance of parties and all.

"You can leave if you want to. We can still continue this tomorrow." I suggested and she gave me an are-you-crazy look.

"What? I asked.

"You are unbelievable! Haven't you remembered? We're going!" She shouted this time, causing me to flinch.

"I'm not going okay? I don't want to." I reminded her. Can she at least understand that?

"No. We. Are. Going." She said, making it sound like she's about to strangle someone to death.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to? I don't belong there anyway." I shrugged.

"Who said you don't belong there? Vanessa herself invited you. There is no such thing as not fitting in. The least you could do is go there." She said in a rush.

"Fine! But don't expect me to enjoy it." I rolled my eyes and she smirked, probably proud of herself that she convinced me.

"It's settled then. Now hurry up, we have to change." She waved her hand, signaling me to follow her.

"What? Where?" I asked, puzzled.

"At my house, duh?"

"What am I gonna do there? Watch you change?" I sarcastically said.

"You'll see." She grinned, making me more puzzled than ever.

*-*

"Hell no!" I shook my head frantically as soon as I realized what she was about to do when we arrived at her house.

"Hell yes." She said, a knowing smirk plastered across her face.

"No! You already convinced me to go to that party. That's it! I'm not gonna let you do this to me." I fought back, already getting annoyed with her.

"You have to. Just this once." She plead.

"I said no. My decision is final." I crossed my arms over my chest and furrowed my eyebrows.