Chapter 15

Maddi's P.O.V

As I got downstairs, someone knocked at the front door. 

"I'll get it. You go eat breakfast." Mom said as she went to open the door. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a granola bar to satisfy the needs of my growling stomach.

"Good morning Mrs. Troy." A masculine voice echoed through the room as I turned around to see a grinning Reece. It didn't even take rocket Science for me to recognize that was him.

"Good morning to you too, Reece. Come in." Mom stepped aside and let him in. He sat in the couch, waiting for me to finish.

Oh if I haven't mentioned, Reece has been my ride to school for a few weeks now, given the circumstances. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, well it's because he just so happened to be my new neighbor and my car had also broken down, so, he politely offered to give me a ride everyday to school. Talk about being a gentleman. He's been very nice to me which is a good yet surprising thing. He still teases me sometimes though, unfortunately. He treats and sits with me during lunch sometimes and in turn, I help him with his homework since he has a lot of catching up to do.

"You ready?" He snapped me out of my reverie and jingled his keys right in front of me.

"Uh, y-yeah. Let's go." I stood up from my seat and said goodbye to my mom.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived in the school parking lot and as I was about to open the car door and get out, he stopped me.

"Hey, we're still on after school right? You know, school stuff." He asked, just making sure.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I replied and flashed him a smile before getting out of his car.

*-* 

Hours passed by in a blur. Before I knew it, I was making my way out of school. But I felt something wrong. It's like someone's eyes were piercing a hole behind my head. I looked around but there's no one so I shrugged it off. Just when I wasn't expecting it, Lisa and Lauren Bricks a.k.a the evil twin sisters, shoved me by the lockers.

"You are really never going to learn a lesson, would you?" Lauren sneered.

"You know what, whatever you think I did to you, I did not do it. So stop being all bitchy on me, would you?" I fired back with as much as hatred my voice could contain.

"What did you just say?" Lisa asked threateningly and I gulped. I should have just shut my big mouth. What was I thinking?

"N-nothing. What do you want?" I whispered hoarsely, dreading for this to continue any longer.

"We want you to stay away from Reece or nothing awful will happen to you. Are we clear?" One of them asked, more like demanded.

Not being in the mood to deal with this, I replied. "Crystal."

"Good." They both said simultaneously and walked away. 

God, when will this end?! Like seriously. It's not like they own every member of the male population in this school. But I won't really care unless it invades my personal life, my friends and my family. 

*-*

I was in my room, just waiting for Reece so that this will be done and over with. I'm so tired of dealing with this bullying thing that I'm just waiting to face the wrath of the wicked witches of the west. The worst thing that could probably happen and what I could end up with is dying. It's easier when you're dead. No more drama nor problems. It's a total freedom which is what I'm aiming for, for years!