Chapter 17

Maddi’s P.O.V

Over the course of two weeks, give or take, I managed to get rid of my incessant desperation to slide myself into obscurity. I mean, wouldn’t you? After being trampled by, stomped on, embarrassed about and was deliberately forced to desolate the dignity away from my individuality just because someone decided to retaliate horrendous attacks targeted at me, specifically me, because unwanted deaths happened to coincide with one of the worst days of my life. Great. Just great.

It was nauseating. Everything felt nauseating. I was forlorn and crestfallen the past week, trying to get over my anger and how inequitable the world is. How immature and low people can get. How greed changes everyone.

But of course, I’ve had enough. Actually, the absurdity of the situation is more than enough for me to realize that I can’t just be an angel and sit here like I used to before. Like I used to when people mock and laugh at me for being a wimp. No, I would not let them do that again to me. It’s time to stand up. It wouldn’t make that big of a difference when I become a spawn of the devil now, would it?

I know what my parents would say about this: This is so low of me. I simply will become just like them if I allow to lower myself into their standards.

Bullcrap! I’m jaded.

They provoked me! I can tolerate some considerable amount of pain and patience but they pushed me over the edge and out of my limit.

So now, it’s time for them to take a taste of their own medicine.

▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀▶▷◁◀

Dresses. Check. ✔

Bags. Check. ✔

Stilettos. Check. ✔

Makeup & Accessories. Done. ✔

I looked down to the numerous shopping bags that idled on my bed. After a thorough thinking, I made my decision to finally put up the courage to get rid of a part of me that everyone would classify as despicable and got convinced to change into something of an outlandish demeanor.

My eyes flitted to the flamboyant dresses that I previously abhorred and practiced myself to get use to the fact that I need this kind of transformation in order to obtain what I longed for, for years.

If I can’t get any respect from my good personality, I’ll earn them by my looks. Since that’s what everyone cares about. Well then, it’s on.

I hastily began sorting out the contents of my dresser and replaced them with the new ones I bought. I gathered them in one place and planned on donating them to the ones in need. At least I still have a heart to think about other people, unlike them. Just because I’m getting rid of myself that everyone loathed, doesn’t mean I’ll get rid of how my heart feels right? Right.

After I got everything sorted out, I went to open my laptop and began watching tutorials from makeup gurus and professionals. I don’t need anyone at all, thanks to the power of advanced technology. If I had to learn it the hard way though, I would, without even taking a double take. That’s how determined I am.

It sure wasn’t easy. It took time just familiarizing myself with the cosmetics and how to use them properly without making myself look funny. I grew tired. This isn’t my forte. I usually just dive into the shower, dress up, eat, then go. But it’s different now, there’s no going back.

Hours after I got it all in memory, my phone beeped on my bedside table.

“Hey, how are you? I’m worried about you. Please just let me know if you’re okay. Okay?”