02 | dark eyes and a devil smile

0 2

dark eyes and a devil smile

    "Are you sure you don't know his name?" Liv hisses for about the hundredth time.

     I slam my locker. "I can't know for sure unless I look at his face again."

     Half of me doesn't want to. It's better to avoid the mess. I was victorious in making TJ look like he lost and I found a new story to tell in the books. That's enough for me.

     But the other half of me wants to know.

    "Describe me his features again," she insists.

     We walk through the school hallway together, students talking and milling about. I huff out a sigh. "Curly brown hair. Dark eyes. Devil smile. That's all I got."

    "Anyone can look like that."

    "Exactly, amigo."

     I breeze through idle faces, trying to distinguish a certain face. Maybe he's here somewhere. It's not the first time I think about it. A lot of students from Dalton High go to the X2 club. It's actually very likely my mystery guy is here.

    "Maybe he has a piercing?" Liv tries. "Or something noticeable like a scar on his cheek. Actually, no, you wouldn't have noticed that. How about — "

     I stop in my tracks.

     She gives an "oof!" as she slams against me.

     The guy not a few feet away from me notices our sudden halt, and his eyes widen. Eyes I recognise. His dark hair is styled neatly, thick and wavy. And then he smiles.

     There it is.

     That's him.

    "Addie?" Olivia asks tentatively.

    "Wait here."

     As I stride to him, his smile stays like he was expecting me to find him. Like he knew it was going to happen. At the same time, his posture is leisure — tan muscles defined as he crosses his arms and leans against the wall. There's no doubt that he's attractive in every way. Charm and confidence basically oozes off of him, and it's damn intimidating to make me hesitate.

     When I'm in front of him, I open my mouth to speak. No words come out. Come on, Addie. A thousand questions rush into my head.

     Why did you leave? Why did you thank me?

     Why can't I stop thinking about you?

     But he beats me. "Hi, Addie."

     I stare, surprised that he knows my name. "Hi, Trey."