28 | blacklisted, pt. 2

2 8

blacklisted, pt. 2

     TJ leaves. The tension between the six of us is palpable.

    "Damn," Justine giggles, letting her tipsy state take over. "That was crazy, huh? Addie, Vic — you have to tell us everything."

     I blink at her. I'm still so confused that I can't even speak.

    "They don't have to share anything they don't want to share," Trey says slowly, looking at each of us but me in particular. I bug my eyes out as if to say what's going on?

     He shakes his head as if to respond don't make it freakin' obvious.

    "I think it's an interesting story, actually," Jude says roughly beside, almost angry as he leans back further.

     Vic curses. "Forget it about, guys — "

    "But I want to hear it — "

   "Justine, let it go — "

    "Let's dance!" I blurt out, silencing all of their arguments at once. It's the only way we can forget about this.

     But I know, and everyone knows, deep down, that we won't. And it's going to be bite us back hard in the ass sooner than expected.

***

     My body feels numb.

     Electronic music drills my ears, transporting me into another dimension. The lights blurs my vision — I think that guy's green or maybe he's pink. I sway, putting my hands up and becoming one with the music. Different types of sweat and skin sticks all around me.

     But there's only one that I'm aware of.

    "I'm not getting drunk," Jude answers firmly for the hundredth time.

     His chest is almost touching mine, and my cheeks are flushed to the brim and I'm always leaning on to him and it feels so good.

    "Why?" I close my eyes.

     I don't hear his reply.

     More people descend on the dance floor and it's so packed. It pushes me towards Jude's body, my chest meeting his chest, my legs bumping into his legs. My hands find themselves around his neck. If we're this close, what do I have to lose? His arms hover around my waist, hesitant, before locking them and pulling me infinitely closer. My fingers find his hair, running them through, and it's soft and golden and vulnerable.