10 | new friend request

1 0

new friend request

     My shoes hit the pavement, rough and steady below.

     My hair's already falling out of its own ponytail, and my back is baked with sweat. I guess it's not one of my best ideas to go on a morning jog for three miles. Now I understand why Liv only grunted in response when I asked her to come.

     The sun is dawning, cloaking all of us — or at least the early risers who decided to come out at six a.m. in the morning — in a warm, yellow blueish haze. And add in the fresh scent of trees, cool air and quiet atmosphere, it's a beautiful sight.

     I'm slowing down my run to take a picture, but a notification beeps from my phone. I frown as I unlock it.

 I frown as I unlock it

     Wait, what?

     First she's passive-aggressive with me, and then she wants to be friends on Facebook? At this point, I don't even know what her move is anymore. I was fine with her toying around with Trey, but now it seems I'm finally roped into their little game. And all this started when I first approached Jude.

     Or maybe I was already in the game the moment Trey asked for my help.

     Someone bumps into me hard.

     The wind gets knocked out of me and my phone drops.

     Jude catches it before it hurtles to the ground, landing on a crutch in front of me. I'm suddenly so overwhelmed.

    "Where did you come from?!" I burst out. "And is my phone okay?!"

    "Well, I had my own track, but you stopped right in the middle of my intersection," he growls. "And your phone's fucking fine." He throws it at me, and I quickly examine it. Phew. Dad would kill me if I broke another phone.