32 | fuck you right back

3 2

fuck you right back

     Trey, Vic, Liv, I and a lot of others hide in various spots in the Reynolds' house.

     The front door opens, and in comes Justine, Jude and their parents.

    "Surprise!"

     Everyone comes out at once, surrounded by the decorations Trey and I help finished last night. Balloons of every colour imaginable. Mini-burger stand in the kitchen next to a bowl of yogurt. Happy 18th Birthday sign on top of our freakin' heads. Cutest photo booth by the corner. Pictures of them as kids, framed around us. Including Justine with braces and Jude with the most horrible haircut I've ever witnessed.

     And so much more.

     It's not their birthday yet — it's in two hours — but that's why we decided to make it an advanced party. It's the secret ingredient.

     Justine and Jude's faces are priceless

    "What..." Justine's mouth can't stay closed. "Who..."

    "It was all Addie and Trey's idea," Mrs. Reynolds grins, holding her daughter's shoulders. Both the twins look at us now. Trey in a lock with Justine; me in a lock with Jude. It's insane how much they mean to us now, in contrast to who they were before. Who all of us were before.

     Justine is the first to walk forward. She holds our gazes for a while, individually. Before enveloping us into a tight hug.

    "Thank you," she murmurs to both of us.

     Trey kisses the side of her forehead. Then he turns to everyone else. "Let's get this party started!"

     The room whoops and cheers. 

     And the party goes on. People are munching on the food and snacks we've prepared; they're dancing to the R&B playlist we set up; they're hogging the photo booth like a couple of fifth graders. We invited everyone who was there — Trey's squad, my people, but most importantly, Justine and Jude's friends who weren't a hundred-percent assholes from their group.