13 | hamburger and potato thots

1 3

hamburger and potato thots

     We're all staring at our burger menus in silence.

     I don't know why I thought this was a good idea.

     See, the thing is, it was. I whispered in Justine's little ear that Trey was organising a meet-up to kick start a play practice, and my plan was to leave her with him. But I knew Justine wouldn't have shown up if that happened, so I had to pull out my different moves.

    "You owe me big time, Addie," Liv breathes next to me.

     Maybe I overdid myself. Because now there's six of us.

     And so Number Three begins.

     ...at least, when someone freakin' talks.

     It's not like a surprise or anything. I specifically debriefed Trey on the plan before we arrived here, but clearly he's not taking it well.

     You think Justine would've come if she found out it was only us three, or worse, you two?  I called out to him earlier. She's not dumb, Trey!

     I didn't say she was, he had replied with his stoic tone.

     Whatever. We'll start with the six of us. Then I'll make up an excuse and force Liv to go with me. You'll have to get rid of Vic by yourself, but Jude will take the hint one way or another and leave.

     Jude knows about me?

     Uh, yes?

     And what led you to such an imbecile thought?

     I can sense his otherworldly eyes on me.

     The old lady in the apron clears her throat. "Uh, have you kids decided what you're ordering, then?"