26 | melbourne & douche face

2 6

melbourne & douche face

     Once you get the girl, it doesn't stop there.

     You like each other, and you're together, and it's all paradise. You have all the elements of an established relationship: late night phone calls, low-key (or high-key) flirting, affectionate nicknames, the touchy-and-feely, and the constant eye-fucking. 

     Except if your relationship isn't like that. It's totally fine.

     But when you're finally in the safe zone, don't let your armour down. Having a princess by your side does not mean the eradication of other princes (or villagers, as Trey might differ.) And this is a point I can't be able to miss.

    "Don't fucking start," Jude warns.

    "So," Trey grins.

    "I swear to fucking — "

     Trey's smirk widens. "You think I'm confident, charming and intelligent?"

     I put my hands up in front of the two boys that's on either side of me. Even though Trey and Jude are better friends than the start, there's always a possibility of a full-fledged argument.

    Take this as an example. Yesterday, I told them what happened during the previous few days, and I guess they talked to each other to get the full story. But when I told Trey that Jude helped me realise my conclusion, he only focused on one thing: 

     — when I described Trey of his good qualities, Jude didn't argue with me.

    "Boys," I scold. "As much as I would like to witness another one of your quarrels, I'd rather not get caught in the crossfire." Especially while we're walking down a hallway.

    "Duly noted, sweetheart."

     Before I can react on his nickname once again, Jude places his muscled arm on my head like I'm a table. And then he continues bickering with Trey, who's laughing together with Jude now, and they pretend like I'm not even wedged between them.

     I huff.

    When we're in front of the cafeteria, it's already bustling with energy. I spot Justine before anyone else does. She's sitting in a table with Sean and Landon, Trey's friends, and some girlfriends that aren't Iris and Yolanda. The sight brings a smile to my face.

     The three of us are about to go through the doors when I hear a pssttt sound. I squint, trying to locate the sound, but there's no one there.