Chapter 12

Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.
-Stephen King

Dedicated to my favourite brainstormer: SavannahTheJellybean

CORA'S POV:

"No, when I come at you, go right, then kick up. Like this." He said as he went right, and then using the force of his leg, he kicked up, into an invisible opponent.

Goreum had told me to always dodge left, and then strike the opponent at the neck.

Kylo was teaching me everything that Goreum didn't, and all the opposites of the methods that Goreum had taught me.

It was day three of training, and we are going after Goreum tomorrow.

Yesterday consisted of straight training from morning to night. It was exhausting.

      We had been practicing since six this morning, it was around 3:00 p.m and my muscles ached.

I was going to have to kill my old master...and I couldn't wait. All those torture filled nights, and all those beatings where he'd taught me to use the pain, would finally pay off.

My thoughts were suddenly broken by a sharp kick to my side, I heaved as the pain shot up my left rib cage.

I fell down, holding my side, I growled at Kylo as he stared at me impatiently.

"What?!" I growled.

"You need to be awake."

"Oh I'm sorry. We're my eyes closed? Did you hear me snore? Thought not."

I stood up, and brushed off the side of my robe, where a footprint from his shoes lay.

I scowled at him, and held out my hand as my Lightsaber flew into my hands.

I pointed the blade at him.

He grinned, "Finally. I thought you were going to be stiff and boring all day."

It was rare, seeing him smile, or anyone smile for that matter.

He had nice, bleach white teeth.

He cut me out of my thoughts, when his Saber lit up, and connected with mine.

I'm angry at him for kicking me. I reminded myself as I began to attack.

We fought for hours, I was using the new techniques he had taught me, but sadly for me, he hand invented those moves. So he knew all my tricks.

I noticed that he was standing on a mat, so with a flick of my wrist, the mat flung out from underneath him, pushing him to the ground

He was up as quickly as he fell, but I was prepared.

I flung my Saber at him, watching as it whirled in circles towards him.

He jumped miraculously high to avoid it, and the saber came back towards me, settling in my hands.

He threw his this time, the cross-shaped Saber sailing towards me. I held my own in front of me, as I slashed it, breaking the impact that it would have had on me.

He came towards me, and I continued to play defense, waters of the blinding red light,flowed through the training room, and illuminating the dark washed walls.

With an unexpected slash towards his feet, he lost balance and fell, pulling me with him, we collapsed onto the floor.

He laughed, and I almost smiled at the sound he made when he chuckles.

"And that's a wrap for today." He said with a smile, "Well done."

I nodded in acknowledgement, as I slid my saber into my robe, and wiped the slick sweat from my forehead.

"Are you..." he cleared his throat. "Ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes." I answered immediately, without hesitation.

He nodded, "I know you are."

"Let's go over the game plan."

He agreed, walked over to me and sat down, I followed as he began to speak.

"We are leading Division one and three, that's approximately 400 men. They will help us take out the Shadow men on board while me and you go and find Goreum. You will take him out while I stay for...moral support. We will leave at five in the morning tomorrow, and will fly a TIE/SF Space Superiority Fighter."

I nodded, though I had always hated those little Superiority Fighters...they looked like cardboard boxes.

"You will need your energy for tomorrow. I suggest you go to bed." He said with a half smile. His dark hair was slicked back with sweat from the long day, his face flushed with effort.

I nodded to him, as I stood, and began making my way to my room.

It was a short ways away, I remembered it by going through the straight-away hallway, and then when you come to the end, you make your first right.

It was clear to see, because it was one to the left from the large black door of Kylo Ren's.

I frowned when I walked in, instead of the plain black wall in the back of the room, there were windows.

I felt my knees weaken as I walked over to the large glass piece, that covered the entire back wall, and pressed my hands to it.

I gaze out, to the stars. I remember the first time I had seen real stars, through the small glass window in Goreum's study.. They were beautiful then, but now...seeing them so close, and so big...beautiful feels like the wrong word to use.

He had kept me from seeing the galaxy's...

I had spent my life behind walls, but...suddenly having no walls fills me with curiosity. Some emotion courses through my veins, choking me. I feel so insignificant, just being me, so small in such a big place, but I am surrounded by millions of stars, millions of moons...

And millions of Suns...

The emotion strikes me as pain, it tears down my walls, and reminded me of who I am.

The man whom had built up my walls so strong, too strong. Strong enough, so that with one push...they would all come crumbling down.

I would make this man pay, this builder, yet this destroyer.

This menace.

I am going to make you pay, Lord Goreum.

Just you wait.

NOT EDITED!!