Chapter 19

People Die...
Beauty Fades...
Love Changes...
And You Will Always Be Alone

~L.J. Smith

CORA'S POV:

Sixteen white masks, and sixteen white shells of armor.

Sixteen of the best troopers on board stood before me, their backs erect, and their postures were ready for orders.

No...this won't do.

If we are supposed to be the most feared First Order division, then we can't look like everyone else.

We have to look stronger than normal Storm Troopers, we have to look more unnerving and frightening.

Average, and typical Storm Trooper uniforms would not fit, for these new Knights of Drakon.

Deciding that I would think about new uniforms later, I stood in front of the waiting Troopers.

Clearing my throat, I began.

"You have been chosen to be here, because you are the best. If you stand with me, I can promise you we will be victorious...we will be deathless and everlasting...we will be immortal."

They didn't exactly have a say in it, I just felt like giving a little speech.

I didn't like their armor, they gave them false abilities, and supported their moves, I wanted to see their raw abilities.

"You will remove your armor." I demanded, my voice bled power.

They hesitated, but all at once, I heard the crack of the air pockets slide open, and the helmets fell off.

It surprised me momentarily, I didn't know what I was expecting...maybe old, frail men, with scowls, and weathered skin.

What I saw, was the complete opposite....I saw sixteen young men.

They looked at me, with curiosity, I felt their energy through the tips of my fingers, they fueled me.

Masking my shock, with a scowl, I stepped around the sixteen curious faces, circling them like a shark would its prey.

I breathed in a scent of satisfaction.

"You...are all, as of now...knights of Drakon. Whether you shall stay knights of Drakon, is entirely up to you. The day after tomorrow, at dawn, we will head out to the planet of Serenno. There you will take out the planets army, and kill their population. Failure to do so, will result in extermination."

I observed their emotionless faces, they stood straight, and motionless. They were almost scowling.

I like them.

"Success with this mission will result in your acceptance to the Lord's of Drakon. Any questions?"

A golden haired man stepped forward, his face formed into a frown.

"Yes?" I looked at him with a scowl.

He glanced at me, "what puts you in charge? Who are you anyway?"

I took a long stride until I was face to face with him,
"I have the experience, the knowledge, and the current position to make calls as such."